Public following list did not work

Ben

Aug 4, 2017, 10:36:32 PM8/4/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
According to API v2 doc,

This method can be used to retrieve the publicly exposed list of blogs that a blog follows, in order from most recently-followed to first.

But this end point never works. It always give a result like this:

{"meta":{"status":404,"msg":"Not Found"},"response":[],"errors":[{"title":"Not Found","detail":"It did not work"}]}

As far as I understand, if user turns on 'sharing following list', this list is available through public webpage (tumblr.com/followed/by/{blogname}). So, there's no reason to be blocked in api. Tumblr team, is it a bug or policy?

Additionally, please include the field 'public following blogs count' in blog info end point.

Michael Ceyko

Aug 7, 2017, 6:23:06 PM8/7/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey Ben,

We have now enabled the /v2/blog/{{blog-identifier}}/following endpoint for all consumers. You should be able to successfully access it now via an OAuth-signed request.

However, as you also mention, it is only available for blogs that have enabled sharing who they follow in settings. If they do not share their followers, you will get a 403 response.

Regards,
Mike

Ben

Aug 8, 2017, 1:13:14 PM8/8/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Thanks, Mike. And wishing there's a additional count(or flag) field for public followings in user info end point.

2017년 8월 8일 화요일 오전 7시 23분 6초 UTC+9, Michael Ceyko 님의 말: