Tumblr private blog retrieving posts gives 404 error

iir...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2017, 11:32:46 AM3/24/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Have a nodejs app that uses the tumblrwks oauth client to retrieve posts from a private blog. It was working just fine until last week. Now the tumblrwks call:

client.post('/posts', {limit: 10}, function(err, resp){
});

returns a 404 status message like:
{"meta":{"status":404,"msg":"Not Found"},"response":[]}

The credentials consumer_key, consumer_secret, token, token_secret have been copied from the tumblr api console where the request to retrieve posts works just fine, so can confirm that the credentials are valid. Any direction in debugging the issue will be appreciated.

iir...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2017, 12:30:45 PM3/27/17
to Tumblr API Discussion

The tumblrwks client for the api was not working..did not see any change in the actual api methods/response though. Did not dig enough to confirm it, but might have been due to changes made to the oauth flow responses.

In any case, replacing tumblrwks with tumblr.js appears to have solved the problem.

Here is the link that has the most current documentation with regards to the client

The API console appears to be using an older version of the tumblr.js client.

Michael Ceyko

Mar 28, 2017, 5:52:40 PM3/28/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello,

Glad tumblr.js is working for you! We are not at all involved in the development of tumblrwks, so I can't say why it wasn't working.

Thanks for the note that the API Console is using an older version of tumblr.js. I've added that to our bug tracker.

Regards,
Mike Ceyko