API OAuth Key

Vera Abaimova

Feb 23, 2015, 10:13:07 PM2/23/15
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
So I'm a complete newbie and I'm interested in doing some sort of data mining or data analysis with the tumblr API. I don't know if I'm doing a web app exactly, but the OAuth key registration form requires information on one and I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to use the API without it. I suppose the root of my question is really where do I start?

Thanks

Hai Than

Mar 13, 2015, 10:01:03 AM3/13/15
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
Vào 10:13:07 UTC+7 Thứ Ba, ngày 24 tháng 2 năm 2015, Vera Abaimova đã viết:
> Hi,
> So I'm a complete newbie and I'm interested in doing some sort of data mining or data analysis with the tumblr API. I don't know if I'm doing a web app exactly, but the OAuth key registration form requires information on one and I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to use the API without it. I suppose the root of my question is really where do I start?
>

> Thanks

Vào 10:13:07 UTC+7 Thứ Ba, ngày 24 tháng 2 năm 2015, Vera Abaimova đã viết:

ZzAntiquities Jerusalem

Jul 25, 2016, 11:54:55 AM7/25/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
I was able to connect and so some data parsing and data mining with just the URL that includes my api_key.

Michael Ceyko

Jul 25, 2016, 12:42:51 PM7/25/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey Vera,

Please try to fill in the form to the best of your ability. If you have issues, please contact us directly via the support email provided at the top of our docs page, and we can help walk you through it.

Once you have registered an OAuth app, you can check out our docs to see what types of calls you can make. You'll probably want to look into retrieving posts on a blog or posts on a tag as a starting point.

Regards,
Mike Ceyko