OAuth Using Python Client

Mohamed Diab

Oct 24, 2017, 8:27:02 AM10/24/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Do i have each time whenever am writing an app with python to manage tumblr blog, to provide oauth_token and oauth_secret. Because am having multiple accounts authenticated to the my application and it's already having read and write access to those accounts and the questions is whenever i post something to the five connected accounts to the application, error message appears to me in the console that they are not authenticated, so i head to the main acc which is hosting the app itself and grab the oauth_token and oauth_secret to pass them to RestClient object in the python app;

Alexander Lozada

Nov 6, 2017, 6:22:08 PM11/6/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Your oauth_token and oauth_secret will change every time you re-authenticate with the OAuth flow.  Your client keys, however, always stay the same.  You can get around having to reauthenticate every time by simply saving the 4 string values, and using them for your applications.

However, if you are using multiple user accounts, you will get a separate oauth_token and oauth_secret for each account.  Authenticating a new account will not invalidate another account's keys.