Fetching Posts for a specific day?

Rushan Arshad

Apr 19, 2015, 5:34:54 AM4/19/15
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
hello, I am new to javascript and tumblr API. I want to fetch posts for specific tag and for a specific time period say may 1 to may 30 2014. how can I do this in javascript? will the data fetched be stored in some file directories? Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Kevin Coughlin

Apr 25, 2015, 10:04:40 AM4/25/15
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at the tagged documentation at https://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/api/v2#tagged-method. You can provide a query string parameter "before" which will return posts posted before the provided date time. Then you'll likely have to filter the response of posts by their timestamp or date value and stop showing posts once it exceeds your limit.

For your example you can make a call with the before query param timestamp to May 30th, 2014 and iterate looking at each post date and stopping when it is less than May 1, 2014.