Regarding rate limit on app

dipe...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2017, 7:56:18 AM10/5/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
The tumblr documents show rate limits are 1k/hr and 5k/day. I have few questions around it.

1) Are these limits for the user or for application?

2) If we request for the removal of the rate limit what will be the upper limit that applies after removal of the pre-defined rate limit?

Thanks,
Dipen

Michael Ceyko

Oct 18, 2017, 2:17:35 PM10/18/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hi Dipen,

The 1k/hour and 5k/day limits are for your application.

We don't explicitly state what the limits are after it has been lifted (for spam-mitigation purposes), but they are mostly at the user-level, so you shouldn't have any issues as you ship your app to users. If you encounter any unexpected 429s, please contact us.

Regards,
Mike