Rate Limit - Header Change

Lewis Theobald

Nov 16, 2017, 4:44:28 AM11/16/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello!

We recently noticed a change in behaviour on the headers we are receiving, just a notice for other developers if something similar is occurring.

We were previously using
x-ratelimit-api_followers-remaining

But the headers coming over are now all uniform, dashes only:
x-ratelimit-api-followers-remaining

This is for every subset of rate limit headers e.g.
x-ratelimit-api-following-remaining
x-ratelimit-api-following-limit
x-ratelimit-api-following-reset

Dusty

Nov 28, 2017, 6:59:18 PM11/28/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
I noticed this too. To try and combat this I'm stripping all dashes and underscores, and casting to lowercase before matching on the header name.

Michael Ceyko

Jan 3, 2018, 1:43:46 PM1/3/18
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey all,

Our apologies for this breaking change. We intended to make sure that all headers only use dashes, since underscores in headers frequently cause issues with various clients, but clearly missed this use case.

Since it's already been in the wild for nearly two months, we're going to leave it as is. You will continue to not see any underscores in these rate-limit headers.

Regards,
Mike