notes_info doesn't get full tree

Rosalind Wills

Oct 18, 2016, 8:08:19 PM10/18/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello!

I run a site which uses the Tumblr API to monitor the most recent post to a thread chain and at any given time display the status of the chain and who the last responder was. Until today I was using the "notes" object attached to the Posts API endpoint (with the notes_info=true parameter attached), which contained all the reblog info associated with the post no matter where it was in the tree, but as of today that appears to have stopped working. The Posts endpoint instead has a trail object which appears to be different depending on which post you're retrieving.

Example:
Is there another endpoint I can use to get the full reblog tree info for a post? This has rendered my app entirely nonfunctional at present and there appears to be no reference to the change in the API documentation.

Please let me know if I should provide further information.

Thanks!

Rosalind