Blog ID

Cris Chiri

Mar 21, 2017, 6:12:50 PM3/21/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
I'd like to know if there is there any way to know of a Blog was re-named?

I'd like to keep the Blog ID for posting, so the user doesn't have to re-select it every time. If they re-name their blog, it will no longer work though. I think an ID would be much easier to work with than the blog name that may be changed at any time.

The API says the Blog "name" field is "The user's tumblr short name."
But the /blog/ endpoint requires "blog-identifier". Where do I get the blog-identifier from?

I'm finding that the "short name" is working as the "blog-identifier", but I'd like to be sure.
Does this work in all situations?

Thanks.