Creating admin user

Leon Johnson

May 2, 2015, 9:48:12 PM5/2/15
to tsuru...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm folliowing the docs:

http://docs.tsuru.io/en/latest/installing/api.html#creating-admin-user

trying to create an admin user, however tsuru-admin doesn't have the "user-create" switch.

root@hope:~# tsuru-admin user-create te...@test.com
Error: command "user-create" does not exist

Not sure if this is stil the supported way to create admin accounts.

Francisco Souza

May 2, 2015, 9:50:39 PM5/2/15
to Leon Johnson, tsuru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leon,
These docs are wrong, sorry about that :-( You should use the command
"tsuru user-create" instead. This page is already fixed at at master
and will be live in 0.11 release, that's coming this week.

Best,
Francisco

Leon Johnson

May 3, 2015, 6:43:16 AM5/3/15
to Francisco Souza, tsuru...@googlegroups.com
I think I might be using an older version (0.9.1), I'll install the latest and try again.

Leon Johnson

May 3, 2015, 8:06:30 AM5/3/15
to Francisco Souza, tsuru...@googlegroups.com
Still no luck.

I've enclosed the output of my tsuru-admin below. I also tried going back a minor version to 0.9.0, still no option for creating the initial admin account.

------ start ------
root@hope:/opt# tsuru-admin
tsuru-admin version 0.9.1.

Usage: tsuru-admin command [args]

Available commands:
  app-shell            Opens a remote shell inside unit, using the API server as a proxy
  app-unlock           Forces the removal of an app lock
  change-app-quota     Changes the limit of units that an app can have
  change-user-quota    Changes the limit of apps that a user can create
  container-move       Move specified container to another host
  containers-move      Move all containers from one host to another
  containers-rebalance Move containers creating a more even distribution between docker nodes
  docker-healing-list  List healing history for nodes or containers
  docker-node-add      Creates or registers a new node in the cluster
  docker-node-list     List available nodes in the cluster
  docker-node-remove   Removes a node from the cluster
  docker-pool-add      Add a pool to cluster
  docker-pool-list     List available pools in the cluster
  docker-pool-remove   Remove a pool to cluster
  docker-pool-teams-add Add team to a pool
  docker-pool-teams-remove Remove team from pool
  fix-containers       Fix containers that are broken in the cluster
  help
  log-remove           Remove all app logs
  login                Initiates a new tsuru session for a user
  logout               Logout will delete the token file and terminate the session within tsuru
  machine-destroy      Destroy an existing machine created using a IaaS
  machine-list         List all machines created using a IaaS
  machine-template-add Add a new machine template
  machine-template-list List all machine templates
  machine-template-remove Remove an existing machine template
  plan-create          Creates a new plan for being used when creating apps
  plan-remove          Removes a plan from the database
  platform-add         Add new platform to tsuru
  platform-remove      Remove a platform from tsuru
  platform-update      Update a platform to tsuru
  target-add           Adds a new entry to the list of available targets
  target-list          Displays the list of targets, marking the current
  target-remove        Remove a target from target-list (tsuru server)
  target-set           Change current target (tsuru server)
  user-list            List all users in tsuru
  version              Display the current version
  view-app-quota       Displays the current usage and limit of the given app
  view-user-quota      Displays the current usage and limit of the user

Use tsuru-admin help <commandname> to get more information about a command.

Available topics:
  target

Use tsuru-admin help <topicname> to get more information about a topic.
------ end ------

Francisco Souza

May 3, 2015, 8:09:54 AM5/3/15
to Leon Johnson, tsuru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leon,
This isn't released yet, and the issue is in the doc. There's no
`tsuru-admin user-create`, and there won't be. You must use "tsuru
user-create".

During the coming week, we're going to issue the release 0.11 of
tsuru-server, with the fix in the documentation. You can have a
preview of the docs in this link:
http://docs.tsuru.io/en/master/installing/api.html#creating-admin-user

Leon Johnson

May 3, 2015, 8:12:47 AM5/3/15
to Francisco Souza, tsuru...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, I misunderstood/misread your email, sorry for the noise.