RFC to move account kind into account type

Cédric Krier

Sep 25, 2015, 5:20:04 AM9/25/15
to tryton
Hi,

I'm looking for more feedback about this feature request:
https://bugs.tryton.org/issue4990
https://bugs.tryton.org/msg22487

For me, the account kind has always been something that was linked to
the account type (P&L and BS) in the sense that revenue and expense
should always been linked to a P&L type and receivable and payable to
BS.

So apparently in Spain, there is a P&L type which is composed of both
revenue and expense but I think such case can be fixed by adding two
children type for each case.

Thanks,
--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Roberto Novaes

Oct 31, 2015, 11:47:44 AM10/31/15
to tryton
> For me, the account kind has always been something that was linked to
> the account type (P&L and BS) in the sense that revenue and expense
> should always been linked to a P&L type and receivable and payable to
> BS.

The only functions of "kind" are to display their values on the different reports (P&L and BS)? If so, it could be resolved by the merge of "kind" inside the "type" (IMHO).

On the issues discussion (4990), Jordi Esteve also wrote:

>> IMHO I think is not difficult for an account understand the account kind, in few minutes they understand perfectly the seven different kinds of accounts.

Maybe for an accountant it is not that hard. For me, it is super hard. Even so, I do not think it is a good idea, because in the accountancy books I am using on the translation I could not find any reference to this distinction between kind and type. Cedrik (I guess) said somewhere else that this distinction was exclusive to Tryton. Maybe it would be easier for us all if "kind" was made a part of type.

The word "kind" has also a semantic issue. After all,  "kind" is a synonym for "type", which makes the distinction artificial and counterintuitive. Let us see some translations found on Pootle:

Français --> Genre
Português do Brasil --> Natureza: I decided to use "natureza", but could well use "tipo" (as in Italian), "classe" (as in spanish or catalan), or even "gênero" (as in french).
Español --> Clase
Català --> Classe
Deustch --> Art
Italiano --> Tipo