Do we need to create new Post Move, Invoice and Credit Note Sequences for every Fiscal Year?

Paul Leverett

Jul 16, 2014, 4:13:39 AM7/16/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
I am coming towards the end of my first Fiscal Year using Tryton and need to set up the next Fiscal Year.

I create a new Fiscal Year record, but have the message <<Fiscal year "FY2014-2015" and "FY2013-2014" have the same post move sequence>>.

Searching this forum I see from Cedrik in 2011..
When opening a new fiscal year in the account module there is a contstraint (sic) that forces you to use different sequences for post moves and invoices every year... because you can still make invoice for the previous fiscal year once the next one is opened and as you can not have hole in the numbering of invoices, you must use different sequences.

I want to be sure I have understood correctly - do I need to create new sequences every year for each of:
Post Move Sequence
Customer Invoice Sequence
Customer Credit Note Sequence
Supplier Invoice Sequence
Supplier Credit Note Sequence

And these sequences will be used only in one Fiscal Year?

What is best practice for this? Use same Prefix and suffix but use a new number range by setting Incremental "Next Number" in the sequence?
e.g.
Post Move, current Post Number is PM91-072014
So for the next FY I could configure a new sequence..  "Post Move 14-15", with Incremental>Next Number 1000 so that first Post Number in 2014-15 is PM1000-082014
Or is it better to change the prefix? Or?

How do others manage this?

Thanks,
Paul

Cédric Krier

Jul 16, 2014, 5:06:38 AM7/16/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 16 Jul 01:13, Paul Leverett wrote:
> I am coming towards the end of my first Fiscal Year using Tryton and need
> to set up the next Fiscal Year.
>
> I create a new Fiscal Year record, but have the message <<Fiscal year
> "FY2014-2015" and "FY2013-2014" have the same post move sequence>>.
>
> Searching this forum I see from Cedrik in 2011..
>
> > When opening a new fiscal year in the account module there is a
> > contstraint (sic) that forces you to use different sequences for post moves
> > and invoices every year... because you can still make invoice for the
> > previous fiscal year once the next one is opened and as you can not have
> > hole in the numbering of invoices, you must use different sequences.
>

> I want to be sure I have understood correctly - do I need to create new
> sequences every year for each of:
> Post Move Sequence
> Customer Invoice Sequence
> Customer Credit Note Sequence
> Supplier Invoice Sequence
> Supplier Credit Note Sequence
>
> And these sequences will be used only in one Fiscal Year?

Yes.
But now you can also have different sequence per period if needed.

> What is best practice for this? Use same Prefix and suffix but use a new
> number range by setting Incremental "Next Number" in the sequence?
> e.g.
> Post Move, current Post Number is PM91-072014
> So for the next FY I could configure a new sequence.. "Post Move 14-15",
> with Incremental>Next Number 1000 so that first Post Number in 2014-15 is
> PM1000-082014
> Or is it better to change the prefix? Or?

You should see with your accountant to follow the best locale practice.

For B2CK, we have just a prefix with the fiscal year (match human years)
and we reset the sequence to 1 every fiscal year.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Emmanuel Bassy

Dec 10, 2015, 8:55:36 AM12/10/15
to tryton
Hello,

Regarding this topic, I want to keep the same sequence over the years and I cannot figure out how to this automatically in tryton. In France it is mandatory to have a sequence with no holes over the years.
For instance:
F437 (last invoice of 2014) + F438 (first invoice of 2015) => best pratice
F2014-437 (last invoice of 2014) + F2015-438 (first invoice of 2015) => is allowed
F2014-437 (last invoice of 2014) + F2015-001 (first invoice of 2015) => is not allowed.

Emmanuel Bassy
expertisevision.fr

Richard PALO

Dec 10, 2015, 9:25:58 AM12/10/15
to try...@googlegroups.com
Le 10/12/15 12:43, Emmanuel Bassy a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Regarding this topic, I want to keep the same sequence over the years and I cannot figure out how to this _automatically _in tryton. In France it is mandatory to have a sequence with no holes over the years.
> For instance:
> F437 (last invoice of 2014) + F438 (first invoice of 2015) => best pratice
> F2014-437 (last invoice of 2014) + F2015-438 (first invoice of 2015) => is allowed
> F2014-437 (last invoice of 2014) + F2015-001 (first invoice of 2015) => is not allowed.
>
> Emmanuel Bassy
> expertisevision.fr

This isn't quite right. The last remarque is actually just fine.
Reference: http://bofip.impots.gouv.fr/bofip/140-PGP.html
> 90
>
> Il en résulte que, pour chaque série distincte de factures, les assujettis peuvent utiliser un système de numérotation propre pour chaque série à condition :
>
> - que la numérotation soit effectuée chronologiquement au fur et à mesure de l'émission des factures ;
>
> - qu'elle soit continue ;
>
> - et que le dispositif retenu au sein de l'entreprise garantisse que deux factures émises la même année ne puissent pas porter le même numéro. Il est conseillé à cet égard d’utiliser pour chaque série de factures un préfixe de numérotation distinct de façon à éviter toute possibilité de confusion.

The last bullet says that the company must only garantee that two invoices emitted in *the same year* cannot
have the same sequence number. It is therefore advised to use a *distinct* prefix for each sequence number
in order to avoid any confusion.

Using the year as a prefix is, and I believe always has been, perfectly fine.

cheers,

--
Richard PALO

Emmanuel Bassy

Dec 16, 2015, 6:05:04 PM12/16/15
to tryton, ric...@netbsd.org
Hello Richard,

Thanks, I had not the same information. As it is explained in this document, all 3 previous exemples are allowed.
The prefix is only mandatory in the case the sequence is reset each new year.
But anyway I must be able to (and I need to, since it is the rule we have) have a continued sequence, not reset.
What should I do in order to do this ?

Emmanuel

Guillem Barba Domingo

Dec 17, 2015, 12:52:05 AM12/17/15
to try...@googlegroups.com

El 17/12/2015 0:05, "Emmanuel Bassy" <bassy.expe...@gmail.com> escribió:

> Hello Richard,
>
> Thanks, I had not the same information. As it is explained in this document, all 3 previous exemples are allowed.
> The prefix is only mandatory in the case the sequence is reset each new year.
> But anyway I must be able to (and I need to, since it is the rule we have) have a continued sequence, not reset.
> What should I do in order to do this ?

Select the same sequence instance in each fiscal year

Cédric Krier

Dec 17, 2015, 2:55:03 AM12/17/15
to try...@googlegroups.com
But be careful in this case close to the year change, if you do some
invoice for the next year and do back some other for the year before (as
it is often requested by customers) you will have hole in the sequence
for one single fiscal year.