Features in module party etc.

Stephan Reihle

Nov 18, 2009, 6:48:28 PM11/18/09
to Tryton
Hi group,

evaluating the module party, I ran into some questions:

- There must be a possibility to let the automtic numbering (file
"Code") start at a higher numer, lets say 50000 - but how?

- Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?

- The buttons "label" and "letter", that start a predefined OpenOffice
template with an address filled in, are great - they would be
phantastic if one could chose between different templates. Is this
possible, or is there a module to add this feature? Does a similar
feature exist for Mails? It would be great to choose a category and
send mails to all members with just one mouse click ;-)

- Where can I find a list of the fields/variables that are passed to
the OpenOffice templates?

TIA as usual

Stephan Reihle

Korbinian Preisler

Nov 19, 2009, 2:07:11 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephan,

Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 15:48 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:
> Hi group,
>
> evaluating the module party, I ran into some questions:
>
> - There must be a possibility to let the automtic numbering (file
> "Code") start at a higher numer, lets say 50000 - but how?
Take a look on "Administration -> Sequences -> Sequences"

> - Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
> and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?
You can use our module party_type which you can get from intuxication:
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/tryton/party_type/

> - The buttons "label" and "letter", that start a predefined OpenOffice
> template with an address filled in, are great - they would be
> phantastic if one could chose between different templates. Is this
> possible, or is there a module to add this feature? Does a similar
> feature exist for Mails? It would be great to choose a category and
> send mails to all members with just one mouse click ;-)
No there are not such modules for the moment.

> - Where can I find a list of the fields/variables that are passed to
> the OpenOffice templates?
Take a look on "Administration->Models->Models" and
"Administration->Models-Fields". This might help you. Also notice the
possibility to print a graph of the database structure on the model view
i mentioned.

> TIA as usual
>
> Stephan Reihle

Best wishes
--
Korbinian Preisler
____________________________________

Windeckstr. 77
81375 Munich - Germany
Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56

in...@virtual-things.biz
http://www.virtual-things.biz

Stephan Reihle

Nov 19, 2009, 4:20:04 AM11/19/09
to Tryton

On 19 Nov., 08:07, Korbinian Preisler <timi...@virtual-things.biz>
wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 15:48 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:> Hi group,
>
> > evaluating the module party, I ran into some questions:
>
> > - There must be a possibility to let the automtic numbering (file
> > "Code") start at a higher numer, lets say 50000 - but how?
>
> Take a look on "Administration -> Sequences -> Sequences"

Thanks, that´s it.

> > - Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
> > and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?
>
> You can use our module party_type which you can get from intuxication:http://mercurial.intuxication.org/tryton/party_type/

Perfect. Since the module ist flaged as BETA it could perhaps be a
good idea to include a field for academic degree?

> > - The buttons "label" and "letter", that start a predefined OpenOffice
> > template with an address filled in, are great - they would be
> > phantastic if one could chose between different templates. Is this
> > possible, or is there a module to add this feature? Does a similar
> > feature exist for Mails? It would be great to choose a category and
> > send mails to all members with just one mouse click ;-)
>
> No there are not such modules for the moment.
>
> > - Where can I find a list of the fields/variables that are passed to
> > the OpenOffice templates?
>
> Take a look on "Administration->Models->Models" and
> "Administration->Models-Fields". This might help you. Also notice the
> possibility to print a graph of the database structure on the model view
> i mentioned.

Does that meen all the fields are available in the forms? Would be a
lot ...

> > TIA as usual
>
> > Stephan Reihle
>
> Best wishes
> --
> Korbinian Preisler
> ____________________________________
> virtual things
> Preisler & Spallek GbR
> Munich - Aix-la-Chapelle
>
> Windeckstr. 77
> 81375 Munich - Germany
> Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
> Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56
>
> i...@virtual-things.bizhttp://www.virtual-things.biz

Regards

Stephan Reihle

Korbinian Preisler

Nov 19, 2009, 4:51:20 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 01:20 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:

> On 19 Nov., 08:07, Korbinian Preisler <timi...@virtual-things.biz>
> wrote:
> > Hi Stephan,
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 15:48 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:> Hi group,
> >
> > > evaluating the module party, I ran into some questions:
> >
> > > - There must be a possibility to let the automtic numbering (file
> > > "Code") start at a higher numer, lets say 50000 - but how?
> >
> > Take a look on "Administration -> Sequences -> Sequences"
>
> Thanks, that´s it.
>
> > > - Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
> > > and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?
> >
> > You can use our module party_type which you can get from intuxication:http://mercurial.intuxication.org/tryton/party_type/
>
> Perfect. Since the module ist flaged as BETA it could perhaps be a
> good idea to include a field for academic degree?

I think it would be better to put this into another module.

> > > - The buttons "label" and "letter", that start a predefined OpenOffice
> > > template with an address filled in, are great - they would be
> > > phantastic if one could chose between different templates. Is this
> > > possible, or is there a module to add this feature? Does a similar
> > > feature exist for Mails? It would be great to choose a category and
> > > send mails to all members with just one mouse click ;-)
> >
> > No there are not such modules for the moment.
> >
> > > - Where can I find a list of the fields/variables that are passed to
> > > the OpenOffice templates?
> >
> > Take a look on "Administration->Models->Models" and
> > "Administration->Models-Fields". This might help you. Also notice the
> > possibility to print a graph of the database structure on the model view
> > i mentioned.
>
> Does that meen all the fields are available in the forms? Would be a
> lot ...
Yes you can use all the fields that are available on the models.
in...@virtual-things.biz
http://www.virtual-things.biz

Stephan Reihle

Nov 19, 2009, 5:00:36 AM11/19/09
to Tryton

On 19 Nov., 10:51, Korbinian Preisler <timi...@virtual-things.biz>
wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 01:20 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:
>

> > On 19 Nov., 08:07, Korbinian Preisler <timi...@virtual-things.biz>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Stephan,
>
> > > Am Mittwoch, den 18.11.2009, 15:48 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:> Hi group,

> > > Take a look on "Administration -> Sequences -> Sequences"
>
> > Thanks, that´s it.

> > > You can use our module party_type which you can get from intuxication:http://mercurial.intuxication.org/tryton/party_type/
>
> > Perfect. Since the module ist flaged as BETA it could perhaps be a
> > good idea to include a field for academic degree?
>
> I think it would be better to put this into another module.

It´s of course your decission, but academic degrees are at least in
germany part of the last name.

> > > No there are not such modules for the moment.

> > > Take a look on "Administration->Models->Models" and
> > > "Administration->Models-Fields". This might help you. Also notice the
> > > possibility to print a graph of the database structure on the model view
> > > i mentioned.
>
> > Does that meen all the fields are available in the forms? Would be a
> > lot ...
>
> Yes you can use all the fields that are available on the models.

Great, that gives a lot of space for playing araound :-)
> i...@virtual-things.bizhttp://www.virtual-things.biz

Stephan Reihle

Nov 19, 2009, 5:25:57 AM11/19/09
to Tryton

On 19 Nov., 11:00, Stephan Reihle <i...@reihle.de> wrote:
> On 19 Nov., 10:51, Korbinian Preisler <timi...@virtual-things.biz>
> wrote:
>

> > Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 01:20 -0800 schrieb Stephan Reihle:

> > > Thanks, that´s it.

> > > Perfect. Since the module ist flaged as BETA it could perhaps be a
> > > good idea to include a field for academic degree?
>
> > I think it would be better to put this into another module.
>
> It´s of course your decission, but academic degrees are at least in
> germany part of the last name.

Sorry, rubbish, must be "part of the name". not "last name".

Cédric Krier

Nov 19, 2009, 6:47:00 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 18/11/09 15:48 -0800, Stephan Reihle wrote:
> - Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
> and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?

I'm just currious but I would like to understand why is it necessary to have
this?
Because I find having just a name is more powerful and more generic. In the world
not everybody has a first name and a last name. And I think the way we work is
good because it is like the vCard format [1] which is a widely used format.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email: cedric...@b2ck.com
Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Korbinian Preisler

Nov 19, 2009, 7:53:28 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
There are cases where only the last name or the first name ist used.
Like in the salutation: "Dear Mr. Wright" or "Dear Monika"

Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 12:47 +0100 schrieb Cédric Krier:
> On 18/11/09 15:48 -0800, Stephan Reihle wrote:
> > - Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
> > and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?
>
> I'm just currious but I would like to understand why is it necessary to have
> this?
> Because I find having just a name is more powerful and more generic. In the world
> not everybody has a first name and a last name. And I think the way we work is
> good because it is like the vCard format [1] which is a widely used format.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard

--
Korbinian Preisler
____________________________________
virtual things
Preisler & Spallek GbR
Munich - Aix-la-Chapelle

Windeckstr. 77
81375 Munich - Germany
Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56

in...@virtual-things.biz
http://www.virtual-things.biz

Sasa Ostrouska

Nov 19, 2009, 8:26:31 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Korbinian Preisler
<tim...@virtual-things.biz> wrote:
> There are cases where only the last name or the first name ist used.
> Like in the salutation: "Dear Mr. Wright" or "Dear Monika"

Except that, think about countries like Brazil where people have many
surnames, like Arlindo Milton de Sousa Santos,
if you put it like a unique name you will never been able to see what
his surname is.

> Am Donnerstag, den 19.11.2009, 12:47 +0100 schrieb Cédric Krier:
>> On 18/11/09 15:48 -0800, Stephan Reihle wrote:
>> > - Is there a module that adds support for separted fields "given name"
>> > and "last name" instead of one field "Name"?
>>
>> I'm just currious but I would like to understand why is it necessary to have
>> this?
>> Because I find having just a name is more powerful and more generic. In the world
>> not everybody has a first name and a last name. And I think the way we work is
>> good because it is like the vCard format [1] which is a widely used format.
>>
>> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCard
>>
> --
> Korbinian Preisler
> ____________________________________
> virtual things
> Preisler & Spallek GbR
> Munich - Aix-la-Chapelle
>
> Windeckstr. 77
> 81375 Munich - Germany
> Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
> Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56
>
> in...@virtual-things.biz
> http://www.virtual-things.biz

Cédric Krier

Nov 19, 2009, 8:34:19 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 19/11/09 14:26 +0100, Sasa Ostrouska wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Korbinian Preisler
> <tim...@virtual-things.biz> wrote:
> > There are cases where only the last name or the first name ist used.
> > Like in the salutation: "Dear Mr. Wright" or "Dear Monika"
>
> Except that, think about countries like Brazil where people have many
> surnames, like Arlindo Milton de Sousa Santos,
> if you put it like a unique name you will never been able to see what
> his surname is.

In which business case will you use a surname or first name?

Stephan Reihle

Nov 19, 2009, 9:31:03 AM11/19/09
to Tryton

On 19 Nov., 14:34, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> On 19/11/09 14:26 +0100, Sasa Ostrouska wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Korbinian Preisler
> > <timi...@virtual-things.biz> wrote:
> > > There are cases where only the last name or the first name ist used.
> > > Like in the salutation: "Dear Mr. Wright" or "Dear Monika"
>
> > Except that, think about countries like Brazil where people have many
> > surnames, like Arlindo Milton de Sousa Santos,
> > if you put it like a unique name you will never been able to see what
> > his surname is.
>
> In which business case will you use a surname or first name?

Well, there will be some CRM-features in the future, at least as far
as I understood. Related to this use is the need to compose some more
sophisticated OO-templates, where for example the field "name" will
surely appear in the middle of the text as a personal address. Using
"Mr. John Doe" in this place doesn´t look very professional.

Yours

Stephan Reihle

> --
> Cédric Krier
>
> B2CK SPRL
> Rue de Rotterdam, 4
> 4000 Liège
> Belgium
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Email: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com
> Jabber: cedric.kr...@b2ck.com
> Website:http://www.b2ck.com/
>
>  application_pgp-signature_part
> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen

Robert Schöftner

Nov 19, 2009, 9:44:28 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Cédric Krier schrieb:

>> Except that, think about countries like Brazil where people have many
>> surnames, like Arlindo Milton de Sousa Santos,
>> if you put it like a unique name you will never been able to see what
>> his surname is.
>>
> In which business case will you use a surname or first name?

Some companies (IKEA comes to mind) address clients with their first
name, at least here in austria. Be it appropriate or not.

Having different fields for first name, perhaps middle name(s) or
initials, last name, degree/title and salutation (?, "Anrede" in german)
helps prevent a mess like one user entering names like "Mr. A. User",
the other one using a style like "Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus", the next
writing "Herr Dr. Frankenstein" and so on.

Just my 2c.

sers
Robert

Cédric Krier

Nov 19, 2009, 10:33:15 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 19/11/09 06:31 -0800, Stephan Reihle wrote:

> On 19 Nov., 14:34, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> > On 19/11/09 14:26 +0100, Sasa Ostrouska wrote:

> > > Except that, think about countries like Brazil where people have many
> > > surnames, like Arlindo Milton de Sousa Santos,
> > > if you put it like a unique name you will never been able to see what
> > > his surname is.
> >
> > In which business case will you use a surname or first name?
>
> Well, there will be some CRM-features in the future, at least as far
> as I understood. Related to this use is the need to compose some more
> sophisticated OO-templates, where for example the field "name" will
> surely appear in the middle of the text as a personal address. Using
> "Mr. John Doe" in this place doesn´t look very professional.

I find using only surname (or first name) is not very professional.

As you can see here [1], it seems almost impossible to divide the name (legal
name) into parts that will have sense for any people.
There is some countries where there is no familly name, others where the order is
different for familly name and surname etc.
And I guess it is because of that, that vCard has only one field "name" and
another "formated name". For now in Tryton, we assum that name is the same
than the fn (full_name in Tryton) but it could be separated by a module if
needed or if someone give a good reason we could make it standard.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_name

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59

Korbinian Preisler

Nov 19, 2009, 11:00:25 AM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
I think that extending the name field like we did works fine and it
leaves the possibility to only use one name field for everything.

So i agree that this is not a topic which we will be able to solve in a
generic way for all countries.

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_name

Juan Fernando Jaramillo Botero

Nov 19, 2009, 5:16:46 PM11/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
> Cédric Krier schrieb:
> >
> >> Except that, think about countries like Brazil where people have many
> >> surnames, like Arlindo Milton de Sousa Santos,
> >> if you put it like a unique name you will never been able to see what
> >> his surname is.
> >>
> > In which business case will you use a surname or first name?
> >

> Some companies (IKEA comes to mind) address clients with their first
> name, at least here in austria. Be it appropriate or not.

I see that Korbinian, Mathias and Udo made the module [1], thats work good to
me, and could be useful if some one need to extend the complexity of the name
scheme. Here in Colombia we use two last names, and many people have two names
or more.

[1] http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/party_type

--
Juan Fernando Jaramillo