Five databases

Ray Murphy

Sep 15, 2009, 2:45:11 PM9/15/09
to Tropical Astrology Research
Hi All,

Many of us often discuss what sort of things happen under various
transits or how various natal factors manifested in people's lives,
but usually we're working with a minimal amount of data, or if we
~can~ find lots of data in Astrodatabank etc, it's often difficult or
impossible to process it within a reasonable amount of time to get
any clear answers.

This problem has been overcome now with 5 fairly large databases that
I've made - with filtering facilities.

(1) Timed births --> for Traits, Jobs, Hobbies, plus TYPES of events
(2) Un-timed births --> for Traits, Jobs, Interests plus TYPES of
events
(3) Timed births --> for events of those people
(4) Un-timed births --> for events of those people
(5) World events --> to see overhead sky positions

The great thing about these databases and the accompanying software,
is that not only can we see what was present most frequently, but the
relative strength of each score when we consider the uneven
distribution of categories. For example, it's no good seeing a
printout that shows that more people were married with VEN con JUP if
we simply have *more marriages* in the database. We need to look at
the percentages.

Imagine what it could be like in the future when the amount of data is
increased considerably and we ask questions like "What happened more
often around the world when overhead MAR was con URA?", or what
happened most often when Pluto changed signs and was in the first 2,
3, 4, 5 degrees?"

We wouldn't know ~everything~ that happened of course, but what we
~would~ know, is what happened most frequently in the data available.
We'd know for example if there were more murders, bank collapses,
earthquakes etc (percentage-wise) than say shipping disasters
or terrorist attacks.

All of this might sound a bit hard to follow, but the essential thing
to remember is that from now on it's a lot easier to ask the question:
"What happened most often?" in relation to all sorts of things we talk
about in astrology.

Ray