Pop singers and URA in Gauquelin Sector 1

Ray Murphy

Aug 27, 2009, 3:28:53 PM8/27/09
to Tropical Astrology Research
Hi All,

I just noticed while processing the Astrodatabank data for 608 Pop
singers that they have always been far more inclined to have Uranus in
Gauquelin Sector 1 than the average - around 50% more often than
expected. For those who are unfamiliar with the Gauquelin Sectors,
Sector 1 roughly equates with the 12th house.

Ray

l martin

Aug 27, 2009, 3:44:14 PM8/27/09
to tropical-astr...@googlegroups.com
Ray... odd question here
ive been reading some old masonic stuff and they
in their early history, used venus and mercury conj(shekinah) in the 12 (heliacally rising)

as very significant, have you come across anything like that in your research? i dont have the orb of the conj i assume its pretty tight.

thanks
Linda/Texas

Ray Murphy

Aug 27, 2009, 4:11:00 PM8/27/09
On Aug 28, 4:44 am, l martin <sleepswith2c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ray... odd question here
> ive been reading some old masonic stuff and they
> in their early history, used venus and mercury conj(shekinah) in the 12 (heliacally rising)
>
> as very significant, have you come across anything like that in your research? i dont have the orb of the conj i assume its pretty tight.
>
> thanks
> Linda/Texas

RM: At the moment I cannot recall what I have looked at with Ven-Mer,
so I'll have a look now. I'm using 2 databases - one with timed data
and the other with un-timed. Each set of data has some different
categories - 100 and 140 are in each one respectively.

For anyone who is not familiar with the possible angular separations
(gaps) between Mercury and Venus, it's about 78 degrees.

Hang on Linda and I'll see if I can get on the trail on something by
using various orbs.

Ray

Ray Murphy

Aug 27, 2009, 5:38:20 PM8/27/09
to Tropical Astrology Research
[Update]

I've just had a look at the 37,951 timed data in 100 categories --
Mer con Ven with orbs of 1, 2, and 3 degs, with Mer also in 12th and
can see that there is too little data to arrive at any meaningful
conclusions. In the case of the 2 deg orb, only about 3 people per
1000 can have that aspect in the 12th house.

I have no idea what the old masonic material may have been about, but
I looked for a theme in the small number of categories that~did~ have
that aspect in the 12th and got the impression that the theme was
something along the lines of "extreme mental activity". My impression
is not at all scientific because of the varying numbers in each
category and the unequal 'balancing' of broad-category types in the
dataset.

I didn't really see anything much with the aspect in this data until I
omitted the 12th house and just looked at Mer con Ven with a 3 deg
orb. This showed a prominent trend which I call "Voice". Let me
explain -- All categories have been tagged with a series of pre-
determined 3-letter codes so that the program automatically sorts
categories into general groups - rather than let the user do mental
gymnastics afterward and make square pegs fit into round holes and
make ourselves THINK we see connected themes. Some of the codes are
like this:
MER - for Mercury therme
SAT - for Saturnian
VIO - for violence theme
LAW - for Legal theme etc
VCE - for Voice theme
etc. etc.

In this case, with Mer con VEN with the 3 deg orb, the "VCE" category
scored best (after automatic equalizing for the varying number of
categories).

Here are those "Voice" categories in scoring order *amongst* the the
top 20 (which is the arbitrary cut-off point out of 100 categories).

* Articulate
* Charismatic
* Country & Western singer
* TV Host/Personality
* Stutter
* Psychologist
------

I found the first two very interesting when we consider the
astrological meaning of Mer con Ven -- and the great thing about it is
that the program did it - I didn't :-)
Still, bear in mind that these are also fairly low scores, but at
least we have a system in place for when we get a lot more data to
work with.

Ray

JohnTWB

Aug 28, 2009, 1:37:28 AM8/28/09
to tropical-astr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray, Hi Linda,

John here:

See Christopher Knight & Alan Butler, SOLOMON'S POWER BROKERS (London, Watkins, 2007) for an extended discussion of the Shekinah phenomenon, as well as the date and details of the founding of Solomon's Temple, the first temple. However, with due respect to Knight’s excellent book, please note: archeologists have long searched for evidentiary remains of the First Temple, but to no avail. So it would appear that this First may be no more than a Temple of the mind, retrospectively established for mythopoeic purposes of tradition building.

Included, definition: “Shekinah” = a rising partile conjunction of Venus & Mercury every 12 Venus cycles, which is every 480 years.

Quote (pp. 8-9): For Solomon the cycle of Venus of precisely 40 years was of paramount importance . . . There was only one astral power greater than Venus and its 40-year cycle and that was the holy Shekinah. This brilliant ‘star’ would appear in the sky at periods of every 12 Venus cycles – every 480 years – and then it would shine down several times over a few years before disappearing once again. . . . However, particular significance was attached to every third appearance of the Shekinah – which took place every 1440 years – when the brilliant object is in exactly the same place within the zodiac. . . . One such appearance of the Shekinah was due to fall at the winter solstice in 967 BC. . . . This date is said to be precisely 1440 years after Noah’s ark had come to rest on dry land after the great biblical flood.” Unquote

[JtwB note: I can imagine the 6-pointed Venus; a 7-pointed (12 Venus cycles) Shekinah (note: sheriff badge stars in the U.S. are commonly 7-pointed); and an 8-pointed Templar star, presumably signifying the 36 Venus cycles (1440 yrs) Grand Shekinah, as discussed by Knight and exemplified by the timing of the foundation stone ceremony for the first Temple. (Biting criticism cordially invited).]

According to Knight, at Jerusalem the Foundation Stone pre-dawn ceremony for the first Temple of Solomon, at the winter solstice point, December 30, 0967 BC. Here, for evaluation purposes, estimated @ 8:15 a.m. LMT Jerusalem = VE 14-Cp-562 & ME 15-Cp-05. [that’s Dec 30, 0967 BC Julian = Dec 21 NS]

Moving beyond my depth now, I would gladly defer to Ray's expertise at this point, but wish to point out that I'm not convinced by Knight's date selection, if it should be as I understand the definition of the Shekinah phenomenon: which is VE/ME on the rise BEFORE SO's rise, not after. For this event SO rising 07:10 LMT; VE/ME rising 08:15 LMT.

Be that as it may.

Best wishes, John

l martin

Aug 28, 2009, 7:49:21 AM8/28/09
to tropical-astr...@googlegroups.com
thank you both for the information
its very fascinating... cant believe you took the time to research your database for me
very kind..
john.. ive been reading The keys of Hiram... so your book will be
quite an interesting ... companion
what program do you use to cast a pre CE chart?
im having problems with my program at the moment?

thanks again to both of you
Linda M

JohnTWB

Aug 28, 2009, 9:26:18 AM8/28/09
to tropical-astr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Linda,

I use SolarFire v5.1

For the Solomon's temple foundation, I just punch-in '30 Dec 0967 BC', and out it pops.

Also, I've since noted that into the future, two Grand-Shekinah cycles (1440 yrs x 2) after the 0967 BC foundation stone ceremony, brings time to the year 1913, when the U.S. Federal Reserve Act was passed, just after that's year's winter solstice. The Shekinah conjunction partiled during the second week of January 1914; see 06:40 LMT Jerusalem on January 13, 1914: VE = 15-Cp-02 & ME = 14-Cp-34, then compare it with the 0967 BC when @ 8:15 a.m. = VE 14-Cp-56 & ME 15-Cp-05.

Regards,

John

--- On Fri, 8/28/09, l martin <sleepsw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jerusalem = VE 14-Cp-56 & ME 15-Cp-05. [that’s Dec

Ray Murphy

Aug 28, 2009, 1:02:56 PM8/28/09
On 28 Aug, 20:49, l martin <sleepswith2c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> thank you both for the information
> its very fascinating... cant believe you took the time to research your database for me
> very kind.. [...]

RM: Hey, you have to believe it. For now as far as astrological
research is concerned here, it's like the song in that great movie "An
affair to remember" -- "Close your eyes, make a wish and you're
there" (or in the ballpark anyway).

I found while writing various research software and utilities that
sometimes as the software evolved, certain questions arose that were
previously not thought of, or in the too-hard basket, but there must
be a lot of other questions or ideas out there - so the more the
merrier!

Ray