Status Update 30/11/13

ShaneD53

Nov 30, 2013, 7:17:36 PM11/30/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com
Hey all! Just thought I'd give you a quick update on how things are going, things are going well.
Wolfy is working on the UI which will be running on awesomium, however due to it's non-open source nature we may later switch to Berkilium. (I'm 90% sure I misspelled that so please forgive me.)

Zardoz and the hardware team are working on the VM and the CPU things are looking pretty swell judging by this screenshot http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8418/ts3f.png.

Adam, wrongu and danix are working on milestone 2, milestone 2 is expected in the coming days. Look for more information in the form of a changelog.

Sound is coming along as well, with progress being made on fronts.

And I am going to start work on a public development roadmap which (hopefully) will be updated frequently.

Until then, seeya!

Shane Dalton,
Project Lead

danix111

Nov 30, 2013, 8:02:49 PM11/30/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:17:36 AM UTC+1, ShaneD53 wrote:
however due to it's non-open source nature we may later switch to Berkilium. (I'm 90% sure I misspelled that so please forgive me.)

Berkelium. However, I'm taking a look at Chromium Embedded Framework. It's much
more up-to-date and in constant development.

danix111

Miles Rout

Nov 30, 2013, 10:17:04 PM11/30/13
to danix111, tri...@googlegroups.com
> Wolfy is working on the UI which will be running on awesomium, however due to it's non-open source nature we may later switch to Berkilium. (I'm 90% sure I misspelled that so please forgive me.)

That seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Adam Martin

Dec 1, 2013, 10:35:03 PM12/1/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com, danix111
To clarify, wolfy is working on an HTML UI. The rendering library change won't affect his progress. Not much work has been done as far as deep integration with Awesomium yet, so changing to Berkelium will be a fairly trivial waste of time.

Wolfy87

Dec 2, 2013, 5:13:38 AM12/2/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com, danix111
A trivial change which would lead to even more of the code base and it's dependencies being completely open source. Even if it makes no difference to the end user, it's something that's nice to push where possible. Especially if it means we can contribute back if we spot something that's broken or can be improved.

I'll be mocking up a stub JavaScript API soon that the code will use when it's not running through a host such as Awesomium or Berkelium, we can use that as the template to dictate how it should integrate in the future. The browser host can just implement the same layout as the stubbed API.

I'll try to get a v0.0.0 out as soon as possible, just so we can start playing with more ideas. It's progress can be found in greater detail within the GitHub milestone: https://github.com/trillek-team/trillek-client-ui/issues?milestone=1&state=open

But yes, right now changing the browser will not affect the UI. If anything, a change would be better. Awesomium uses a pretty old version of WebKit IIRC, being able to keep up to date with the latest Blink/WebKit changes would be wonderful. It would mean fancier CSS and smoother animations as well as memory consumption improvements (probably).

Wolfy87

Dec 2, 2013, 12:26:48 PM12/2/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com, danix111
Another thing to mention, I thought we were going to start posting to the blog now instead. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to keep news there from now on. We can easily keep this for more general discussions. We also have a nice new blog theme, in case you didn't notice.

http://blog.trillek.org/

iiia...@googlemail.com

Dec 10, 2013, 2:19:16 PM12/10/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com
only just found thins project but already cant wait for milestone 2 as the budding programmer i am