The Trillek Game-a-thon-thon

ShaneD53

Nov 26, 2013, 3:22:36 AM11/26/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com
(mirrored from forum)
So an essential area of making good games is to have a team that can work together well and also enjoy each other. So! I have decided to hold an irregular game-a-thon where anyone can join and we can all play games and have fun! At the moment, nothing is planned for this so please leave your suggestions and if you shall be attending below! This shall be hosted on mumble at a date in which we are all comfortable. All are invited, a weekend would be preferable.

Oliver Caldwell

Nov 26, 2013, 3:30:06 AM11/26/13
to ShaneD53, tri...@googlegroups.com

Nice idea, Shane. We could probably give TF2 or something along those lines a shot. Sounds fun to me!

If anyone can think of a nice multiplayer space game, that'd be fun too. Then we can call it "market research".

On 26 Nov 2013 08:22, "ShaneD53" <leroy....@gmail.com> wrote:
(mirrored from forum)
So an essential area of making good games is to have a team that can work together well and also enjoy each other. So! I have decided to hold an irregular game-a-thon where anyone can join and we can all play games and have fun! At the moment, nothing is planned for this so please leave your suggestions and if you shall be attending below! This shall be hosted on mumble at a date in which we are all comfortable. All are invited, a weekend would be preferable.

wrongu

Nov 26, 2013, 11:22:58 PM11/26/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com, ShaneD53
Brilliant! It doesn't really matter what game we choose to start with (although my vote is also TF2). Get people together on steam once, then we friend each other and continue playing together at unscheduled times as well.

Luis Panadero Guardeño

Nov 27, 2013, 1:22:02 AM11/27/13

El martes, 26 de noviembre de 2013 09:30:06 UTC+1, Wolfy87 escribió:

Nice idea, Shane. We could probably give TF2 or something along those lines a shot. Sounds fun to me!

If anyone can think of a nice multiplayer space game, that'd be fun too. Then we can call it "market research".

  • X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter
  • StarLancer (I don't know if have multiplayer...)
  • FreeLancer

Oliver Caldwell

Nov 27, 2013, 2:20:32 AM11/27/13
to Luis Panadero Guardeño, ShaneD53, tri...@googlegroups.com

If I, or someone else, create a steam group we can make it easier to see who's online in the community too.

Miles Rout

Nov 27, 2013, 3:52:23 AM11/27/13
to Oliver Caldwell, Luis Panadero Guardeño, ShaneD53, tri...@googlegroups.com
Shane, do you actually contribute to the project other than by making
inane suggestions?

Oliver Caldwell

Nov 27, 2013, 4:17:20 AM11/27/13
to Miles Rout, ShaneD53, Luis Panadero Guardeño, tri...@googlegroups.com

Epitome of hypocrisy? Of course he contributes, just because he doesn't write code or texture models doesn't mean he's not helping. Shane was the one that held our recent meeting together and kept us on track.

Let's not turn our mailing list into a place for people to make petty jibes at contributors to the project.

Miles Rout

Nov 27, 2013, 5:24:18 AM11/27/13
to Oliver Caldwell, ShaneD53, Luis Panadero Guardeño, tri...@googlegroups.com
Hypocrisy? I was forced out of the project. But when I was in the
project, I contributed constantly. We were in an pre-production phase
of working out what we actually wanted to create, and it was no time
for creating anything.

Oliver Caldwell

Nov 27, 2013, 5:47:19 AM11/27/13
to Miles Rout, ShaneD53, Luis Panadero Guardeño, tri...@googlegroups.com
I was referring to your previous email, not your past contributions. This thread was fairly constructive and I felt that hijacking it in an attempt to devalue Shane's suggestions in some way was wrong. We're making headway in other areas, why not try to bring the community together some more? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the suggestion and Shane's the guy behind these more human aspects.

James Denholm

Nov 28, 2013, 12:18:17 PM11/28/13
to Oliver Caldwell, tri...@googlegroups.com
Oliver, I may be off the mark here, I think Miles is just frustrated at the lack of progress and perhaps even Shane's lack of leadership ability. Again, that may not be how he feels, and I certainly don't speak for him, but if I was I was in his position that's how I'd feel.

Regarding the suggestion proper: dealing with the "human aspects" isn't organising a regular group bash at TF2. It's a matter of keeping people on-task and setting hard deadlines, keeping people driven and motivated. As well as, of course, not letting bullshit like this happen on a public IRC channel.

~James Denholm (ChemicalRascal).