Status update 6

adam....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2013, 1:06:34 AM10/31/13
to tri...@googlegroups.com
Well I guess it's my turn to post one!

We had a nice meeting this past Saturday about a few design issues. These were mainly resolved or at the least narrowed.

We have a choice between 2 engines for Trillek. The first being using the custom made Sigma framework, and the second being Torque. The later will depend on the review of it for cross-platform use and features that align with what we need. If that review falls short we will use the Sigma framework.

Next we have decided on the LGPL v3 license for Trillek's core engine. At the same time art assets will be covered under a different license, most likely each asset contributor will pick the best for their needs.

Additionally we have decided to hold monthly meetings. The timing for these will be most likely around 12am UTC with the date as yet undecided.

Lastly we had a minor issue with the design doc and a computer malfunction. We have been assured that it is still in good hands and we should have something shortly (tm). Along this tangent it has been stated that all coding related documents and actual code will be expressly open for public review in near real time. However the design document will, sadly IMHO, be keep more under-wraps until it is in a more polished and ready state.

Finally, on a more positive note, IRC viewership has risen and reddit subscribers have went up over 20 in the past 2 weeks. Thanks for the support and keep spreading the network.