Ministry to halve hotel and tourism licence fees

Frankie Nyi Nyi

Jul 26, 2016, 3:52:07 AM7/26/16
to Travel Myanmar (Tourism information, activities, idea exchange inside Burma)
This is an attempt to promote an increase in the number of operators in the industry, but my question is how can this help "tourism" in Myanmar practically? Anyway here goes the news on Myanmar Times!

“All licence fees will be reduced by half from October 1, the second half of the financial year. We are also planning to
streamline documentation for applicants to promote an increase in the number of operators in the industry,” he said on July 22 during a meeting with industry associations in Yangon.

Read more on Myanmar Times