Failed to read artifacts in old versions because "peer not authenticated" in the repository

Fernando Benito

Aug 5, 2016, 5:40:33 AM8/5/16
to transmart-discuss
Hi.

I am doing tests with 1.2.4 version of transmartApp.

When I try to run it I receive this error:

|Configuring classpath
Error |
Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.transmartproject:transmart-core-api:jar:1.2.4 (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)

When I use --stacktrace I can see better the problem:

Error |
Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.transmartproject:transmart-core-api:jar:1.2.4 (NOTE: Stack trace has been filtered. Use --verbose to see entire trace.)
org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.transmartproject:transmart-core-api:jar:1.2.4
at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:335)
at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:217)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.process(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:466)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:261)
at org.eclipse.aether.internal.impl.DefaultRepositorySystem.collectDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:317)
at grails.util.BuildSettings.doResolve(BuildSettings.groovy:513)
at grails.util.BuildSettings$_getDefaultProvidedDependencies_closure16.doCall(BuildSettings.groovy:661)
at grails.util.BuildSettings$_getDefaultProvidedDependencies_closure16.doCall(BuildSettings.groovy)
at grails.util.BuildSettings.getDefaultProvidedDependencies(BuildSettings.groovy:655)
at grails.util.BuildSettings.getProvidedDependencies(BuildSettings.groovy:637)
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not transfer artifact org.transmartproject:transmart-core-api:pom:1.2.4 from/to repo_transmartfoundation_org_content_repositories_public_ (https://repo.transmartfoundation.org/content/repositories/public/): peer not authenticated

I have done the following change in the BuildConfig.groovy file:

I have change the version of the transmart-core-api from 1.2.4 to 16.2 and it stop giving that problem.

In my opinion there are some king of problems in the access to the repository. For any reason it gives authentication problems for older versions.

Any idea?

Best regards
Fernando Benito

Fernando Benito

Aug 5, 2016, 6:14:12 AM8/5/16
to transmart-discuss
I have noticed that there some folders inside the repository https://repo.transmartfoundation.org/content/repositories/public/ that don't have these files

The release-1.2.4 is one of those which don't have these files.
Which is the reason for the lack of those files?

Best regards
Fernando Benito