CORRECTION: 12/4 Standing Rock Vigil, Lincroft

1 view

Sarah Klepner

Dec 2, 2016, 11:42:36 AM12/2/16
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank

Vigil is December 4th

An Interfaith Day of Prayer

in Solidarity with Standing Rock

December 4, 2016 at 5pm

In the Earth Room of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Monmouth County

1475 West Front Street, Lincroft NJ

Chief Arvol Looking Horse, Spiritual Leader of the Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota Nations has called upon people of faith to come to Standing Rock Sunday, December 4th, and stand side by side with the indigenous people in an Interfaith Day of Prayer, to "unite in believing we can change the path we are now on."

Those of us who cannot go to Standing Rock are invited to engage in prayer and reflection in our home communities that day, in solidarity with indigenous people honoring sacred land, and in recognition that "water is life."

People of any and all traditions are welcome to join us in prayer at UUCMC to reflect upon the struggle to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline from destroying sacred ground and the water that we all depend upon for life. An offering will be taken for the support of Oceti Sakowin Camp.  You are invited to bring your own prayer or reading to share, or to just be present and listen.  By coming together for this hour we join in the struggle and send our love, strength and support to this community of prayer and resistance.

Learn more about this invitation here: https://www.tfaforms.com/453137

-The date of the Transition Handbook discussion is now Sat. 12/3, 6-9 pm.

-Discuss Community Resilience, RB, Saturday Dec. 3
-Watch Bag It, Film about Plastic Overload
Ocean Twp Wed 12/7 and Lincroft Sun 12/11

    Defend Water Protectors in North Dakota:
Actions include petition and phone calls, as well as donations.
Facebook: Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
Twitter: #NoDAPL

**************
Part of protecting water is reducing the demand for oil..
Discuss Transition Handbook/Share Vegan Meal
Dec. 3, 6-9 pm
150 Chestnut Street, Red Bank

A gathering to discuss the Transition Handbook, a user's guide to confronting our challenges and joining together to build solutions locally to climate change and economic insecurity.  Transition is an autonomous, grassroots movement with a growing worldwide presence. See transitionus.org, https://transitionnetwork.org/

Check out the Handbook online: http://transitionus.org/transition-handbook
The link to the discussion guide is also on this page.

Featuring a vegan potluck. Not a cook? a bag of nuts/trail mix is fine..
The potluck is optional, but if you bring something please make sure it has no animal products.

Facebook event page: Transition Handbook Discussion https://www.facebook.com/events/1847153162194345/
Join Transition Monmouth (NJ) on Facebook

MeetUp page: Transition Town Circle of New Jersey

************

Social Action Film:
Bag It- Is Your Life Too Plastic?

Wednesday, Dec. 7
7 pm
45 Monmouth Road, Ocean Twp
Tea 4 U at the White House (tea4u.com)

Sunday, Dec. 11
5 pm
1475 West Front Street, Lincroft
Unitarian Meetinghouse (uucmc.org)

One of the more entertaining documentaries in the Social Action series, Bag It is very humorous while presenting very serious information about the increasingly widespread presence of plastic on planet Earth.

www.bagitmovie.com/