Social Actions: Films/Rally/Drum/Women/Earth

Sarah Klepner

Mar 22, 2017, 3:16:16 PM3/22/17
to transition-red-bank
1. Tonight- Film: Minimalism (simple living), Ocean Twp
2. Sun. 3/26 - Protest at Rep. Chris Smith fundraiser, Spring Lake
3. Sun. 3/26 - Film: To Light A Candle (education in Iran), Lincroft
4. Tuesdays (ongoing) - Noon Meditation for Earth
                    Evening Drumming for Water Protection, Long Branch
5. Wed. 3/29 - Let's Talk About Women in the Workforce, Red Bank
6. Sat. 4/1 - BACK TO EARTH, kid-friendly gardening/cooking demos, LB

Green Networking meeting/film

Wednesday, March 22nd

6:45-9 pm

45 Monmouth Road, Oakhurst (Ocean Township)

Tea 4 U (tea4u.com)

We will watch the movie “Minimalism”and discuss how it might impact your life. This is a great topic in spring when many people get “Spring  Fever” and like to clean up. But will it also make you happier?

We will briefly discuss next step to Time Banking hoping that more will join the group and help out with smaller spring projects. FREE participation. Tea is available. For more info, see https://minimalismfilm.com/ or contact Kirsten at kir...@tea4u.com.

**************

NJ Indivisible 4th: Boardwalk to Breakers Protest             Sunday, March 26, 2017                                     Spring Lake North End Pavilion                              Ocean Ave & Ludlow Ave, Spring Lake

IF BRUNCH IS $75, HOW MUCH DOES DIALOGUE COST?

Congressman Chris Smith is expected to attend a campaign fundraiser hosted by Friends of Chris Smith on Sunday, March 26th at the Breakers on the Ocean hotel in Spring Lake, NJ. We, the members of Indivisible NJ 4th District, along with other constituents from the area would like to remind Smith that we're his friends too, even if we don't have the means or inclination to contribute to his reelection funds. (In fact, even when a couple of us DO pay for access to our Congressman, which felt as gross as you think it did, we are told our presence is not welcome because we are neither friends nor supporters.)

  • The mission of Indivisble NJ isrupt the Trump agenda and its regressive policies through grassroots efforts—fostered by a strong and respectful exchange of ideas—to stand up for our district as a home for fairness, liberty, inclusion, accountability, and justice.

                                         **********

UUCMC Social Action film series - To Light a Candle
Sunday March 26
6-9 pm
1475 West Front Street, Lincroft
Unitarian meetinghouse (uucmc.org)

                                        ***************

WATERSPIRIT’S "Meditation for Earth"
Tuesdays 12:15pm – 12:45pm
Stella Maris, 981 Ocean Avenue,
Long Branch, NJ 07740.

Join WATERSPIRIT at Stella Maris for a “Meditation for Earth”. WATERSPIRIT leads a simple meditation followed with music and silence for a flourishing Earth.  The meditation, music and silence will be for approximately 30 minutes. We hope you can join us!

WATERSPIRITS'S "Drumming for Water is Life”
Tuesdays 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Stella Maris, 981 Ocean Avenue,
Long Branch, NJ 07740.

We will be praying and drumming for the Water is Life Movement on Tuesday evenings. Join us in solidarity, prayer, and drumming, for all who are actively trying to STOP new destructive fossil fuel infrastructures and who are advocating for a just transition to renewable energy sources. We will continue to pray to protect Mother Earth and her lands, people, water, and sacred sites. Drumming will be led by Tommy and Abby Anton and John Eustor. We hope you can join us! Suggested donation is $5.

 For more information, please call WATERSPIRIT at 732-923-9788 or email: wa...@waterspirit.org

                                       ***********

Let's Talk About...Women in the Workforce
Wed. March 29
7-8:30 pm
Red Bank Library
84 West Front Street
Red Bank NJ 07701

In honor of Women's History Month, this month's Let's Talk About.. will focus on the experience of women in the workplace. Registration is requested: call 732-842-0690 x 111

WATERSPIRIT’S  “Back to Earth” Family Friendly Program
Saturday, April 1, 2017
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Stella Maris
981 Ocean Avenue,
Long Branch, NJ, 07740.

Join us for a morning of interactive workshops covering the topics of organic gardening, nutrition and cooking and how they relate to a greater connection to the Earth and spirituality and cultural connectedness.

 $30 per family by March 24, after March 24 - $35 per family. $10 per individual by March 24 - $15 per individual after March 24. Send checks payable to “WATERSPIRIT” to address above. For more information please call WATERSPIRIT at 732-923-9788 or email: wa...@waterspirit.org, Stella Maris, 981 Ocean Avenue, Long Branch, NJ 07740.