Social Action: 1/31-Defending the Ocean in AP/Film in Lincroft

Sarah Klepner

Jan 30, 2016, 10:36:17 AM1/30/16
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank
Social Action Film: Home
Sunday, Jan. 31  6 pm
1475 West Front Street
Unitarian meetinghouse

The public is welcome to attend a screening of Home, an aerial tour of 54 countries around the world which surveys the full range of Earth's landscapes and showcases the great beauty and vulnerability of our Home. Narrated by Glenn Close.
Free. Light refreshments served. For more information, call Dan Ciaglia, 732-284-6312

And speaking of HOME, Rally to Defend the Ocean..
Sunday Jan. 31 1:30 pm
Asbury Park Boardwalk, in front of Langosta Lounge
1000 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Take public transit: njtransit.com (or carpool: carpoolworld.com)
Thanks to Ann Sherwood and Diane Burke for sharing this info. Click hyperlink below to see the Facebook page.
The Time is NOW! Join US Senator Menendez, US Senator Booker, and Congressman Pallone, as well as organizations and citizens, to protect the Atlantic Ocean from oil drilling this Sunday, January 31st at 1:30pm on the boardwalk in front of Langosta Lounge in Asbury Park (1000 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712).

Final Countdown -- Two Pivotal Decisions for Our Ocean are Pending:

With snow on the ground it's not a particularly beachy time of year.  However, the Obama Administration is poised to make two decisions that could have devastating consequences for our coastal and ocean environment for today and future generations!  Federal actions are pending that would:

1)     Allow seismic testing  in the Atlantic Ocean south of New Jersey to explore for oil and gas.  This ocean blasting would harm millions of marine animals from Cape May, NJ, to Cape Canaveral, FL and beyond.
2)     Formally open the Atlantic Ocean to drilling for the first time in over 30 years.

The answer is simple. No to both.

Please, join our ocean friends, US Senators Menendez and Booker and Congressman Pallone, as well as organizations and citizens to send a STRONG message to President Obama-- The ocean is for enjoying not destroying.  The Atlantic must not be home to the next BP Oil Disaster.  Oil is a dead end.....Green energy is the future.

Spills off Virginia won't stay in Virginia.

The ocean has no boundaries.  Pollution and spills anywhere in the Atlantic will be impossible to contain. They will ride the Gulf Stream, local currents, and wind contaminating the entire Atlantic coast including New Jersey's treasured beaches. We must stand together and protect our Atlantic!

Now is the time to tell the Obama Administration to STOP this outrageous plan and move toward an energy future that supports conservation and renewables!

Oil spills are unstoppable. The ecology and economy of the entire Atlantic is at risk.

It may not be summer but our ocean needs us now......

LET'S RALLY OUR VOICES SO WE WILL BE HEARD!

Diane Burke

Jan 30, 2016, 2:39:23 PM1/30/16
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah,
I bought a ticket to NOFA on Sunday and as it turns out because of rescheduling of things after the storm, I will not be able to attend.  Also I am going to be in Asbury Park for the rally at `1:30.  So if you need or know someone who needs my ticket for Sunday, please let me know.  Thanks for coming and hope to see you soon,

Diane Burke

Sarah Klepner

Jan 31, 2016, 1:24:19 AM1/31/16
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Diane- I actually got a ticket thru the uu, and am going tomorrow. I'm sorry to miss the rally, I hope it's a good turnout! Forwarding your info to gardeners I know, so keep an eye out for a reply..
Thank you again!
Sarah