Open sesame

1 view

Sarah Klepner

Apr 18, 2015, 2:27:34 AM4/18/15
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Definitely, will do! The copy of open sesame
came with a packet of seeds from the hudson valley seed library..

On Friday, April 17, 2015, Wendy <ibiker...@gmail.com> wrote:
Excellent Sarah. Let people know at the event that I am going to be trained and I will follow up with an event and hopefully the UU can sponsor the event

Wendy

On Apr 17, 2015, at 9:39 AM, Sarah Klepner <sarah....@gmail.com> wrote:

Guidelines for seed share below..

If you would like to bring seeds home but have none to share this year, that's ok too, there will be plenty available. We will have some (repurposed) envelopes on hand as well.

Join event page on facebook: Free film: Open Sesame - The Story of Seeds

Free film: Open Sesame: The Story of Seeds

Sunday, April 19   6 pm
Community seed share 7:30 - 9

Unitarian meetinghouse, 1475 West Front Street, Lincroft, NJ (uucmc.org)

Bringing together the issues of food security, food sovereignty, human rights and the consumer right to know, Open Sesame is a film with just the right balance of scary facts, heart warming farmers, seed savers and hopeful directions. Participate in the Transition Monmouth seed share and get gardening advice from Monmouth County Master Gardeners afterwards (no seeds necessary!). Free. Light refreshments served.
Contact Sarah Klepner for more info, sarah....@gmail.com or 312-388-2011.

Seed Share General Guidelines

Name of seed?
Where it was grown?
What is its culture; where does it like to grow, what are its needs?
Was this grown out by you or someone you know?  What is the story of this seed? Was it passed down, how does it taste, what will it look like?

Advanced questions

Was it properly isolated (if that is what's required of this type of plant in order to get the seed to grow out true to its parent)?
Was it grown out from a hybrid (if so it surely will not come true to the plant it came from)?