Social Action: Films, Social Justice Workshop, and Farm/Gardening Conference

1 view

Sarah Klepner

Jan 24, 2016, 4:06:53 PM1/24/16
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank
1. Film: Merchants of Doubt, Jan. 27
2. Building the World We Dream About Jan. 30
3. Northeast Organic Farming Association Conference, Jan.30-31
4. Film: Home, Jan. 31

Free film: MERCHANTS OF DOUBT
January 27, 2016
Rumson Presbyterian Church 4 E River Road, Rumson, NJ
​6:30PM Light refreshments
7 pm- Film
Guest speaker: Prof. Rachael Shwom, Rutgers University

The same folks who hid the truth about tobacco also created the confusion which has forestalled the action needed in response to global climate change.
Dr. Shwom is studying the influence of public opinion upon energy and climate change issues and will hold a post-film discussion/Q&A.

Questions? ­ i​n...@quenchnj.com

                                                             *******

Building the World We Dream About

Sat. Jan. 30, 10 am - 2 pm
1475 West Front Street, Lincroft
 Unitarian Meetinghouse

This workshop is open to all.

As part of the congregation’s intentional 30 Days of Love (Jan. 16 - Feb. 14) concentrating on racial justice, Rev. Virginia and Craig Rubano will co-moderate three Saturday workshops drawn from Building the World We Dream About, a Unitarian Universalist program that seeks to interrupt the workings of racism and transform how people from different racial/ethnic groups understand and relate to one another. The program creates opportunities for participants to practice dreaming our world otherwise, and then commit to new, intentional ways of being.

Please RSVP to mini...@uucmc.org if you are coming, and in particular, if you need childcare asap.

Saturday, January 30th, 10 am - 2 pm
Telling Our Story: You Are How You’ve Lived

When have you felt as though you mattered? When have you felt like an outsider? Our gifts and our scars affect the way each of us tells our story. How do these stories prevent us from being able to enter into the stories of others? How can we better imagine ourselves as other than we are?

                                                                           ********

NOFA-NJ's 26th Annual Winter Conference

January 30-31, 2016
Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ

______________________________
We are extremely grateful to the amazing group of experts coming to this year's Winter Conference. There are over fifty workshops organized into five tracks: Beginning Farmer, Advanced Farmer, Gardening, Food & Nutrition and Homesteading & Livestock. Come join us to learn, share, inspire, build community and have fun!
Please click here to register!
Register before midnight tomorrow (Mon) to get 25.00 off conference cost.
- See more at: http://www.nofanj.org/winterconference#sthash.XxHlpOrM.dpuf

                                                                            ********

Social Action Film- HOME

Sunday Jan. 31, 6 pm

1475 West Front Street, Lincroft

Unitarian meetinghouse

Home, an aerial tour of 54 countries around the world which surveys the full range of Earth's landscapes and showcases the great beauty and vulnerability of our Home. Narrated by Glenn Close. Free and open to the public. Light refreshments served. Contact Dan Ciaglia for more info- 732-284-6312 or email sarah....@gmail.com.