Social Action: RB NAACP forum Thur/environmental author talk May 11/climate lobby mtg May 14

1 view

Sarah Klepner

May 4, 2016, 11:11:17 AM5/4/16
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank
Forum: Voter Registration and Changes in Voting Policies
             The KKK and Implications in Our Community

Thursday May 5
7 pm
Pilgrim Baptist Church
172 Shrewsbury Ave, Red Bank, NJ

Presenters: John C. Brittain, Professor of Law, David A. Clarke School of Law
                                              Univ. of the District of Columbia
                    Darren McConnell, chief of police, Red Bank, NJ

Moderator: Dwayne M. Harris, Chairman
                  Monmouth County Democratic Black American Caucus

Hosted by Rev. Henry P. Davis, president, Greater Red Bank chapter National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

***********

         Environmental Author Talk

May 11 7 pm
Red Bank Library 84 West Front Street, Red Bank
Join Us to hear award-winning author Seamus McGraw discuss his books Betting the Farm on the Drought and End of Country. Book signing to follow.
Refreshments will be served.
Part of Author Talks 2016 Series. Registration encouraged, call 732-842-0690.

Citizens' Climate Lobby Meeting
Sat May 14  11:30 am - 2 pm
1475 West Front Street
Unitarian Meetinghouse

Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change.

In order to generate the political will necessary for passage of our Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal we train and support volunteers to engage elected officials, the media and the public.

Each month, volunteers gather locally for a conference call where we do three things: educate ourselves by listening to a guest speaker, celebrate our accomplishments, take coordinated action. We teach you how to exercise your personal and political power to the fullest extent.

Meetings open to all.

Contact linc...@citizensclimatelobby.org for more info.