Social Action: TODAY- Clothing Swap/Repair and Potluck

1 view

Sarah Klepner

Nov 19, 2016, 12:33:07 PM11/19/16
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank
Today: Clothing Swap and Repair, Vegan Potluck, 5 pm
Tomorrow: United We Sing, 4 pm, Lincroft
  Transgender Day of Remembrance 7 pm, Asbury Park

                                    **************

Fall Clothing Swap and Repair + Vegan Potluck
Saturday, Nov. 19
5-9 pm - Drop In
150 Chestnut Street, Red Bank
Adam and Joey's House

Resuming resilience-building gatherings at the Sobel's, where Transition Monmouth (NJ) got it's start almost 5 years ago.
Bring clothes to repair and/or swap..and a***vegan*** dish to share.
Doris Lin, who made the Transition banner, will bring her sewing machine and demonstrate/assist people in making basic repairs.
Questions: email Doris at veg...@verizon.net.

                                          *************

16th Annual United We Sing                       Sunday, November 20th, 4pm                                1475 West Front Street, Lincroft                  Unitarian meetinghouse (uucmc.org)

A multifaith, inter-cultural service of music, word, and dance – voices of different faiths raised in joy and gratitude.  This event had its origins in the aftermath of September 11, 2001.  In anguish and sorrow, we came together from our different cultural and faith traditions to proclaim and celebrate our rich diversity. The healing effect of the evening led us to repeat the event with presentations each year from faith traditions that have included Baha’i, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Jain, Jewish, Muslim, Native American, Quaker, Sikh, Unitarian Universalist, and others.

Children are welcome, and refreshments will be served afterwards.

Transgender Day of Remembrance

November 20th

7pm-8pm

1300 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park

The Paramount Theater Mezzanine

This is an event to honor transgender people who were killed this year and to highlight the struggles, the creativity, the resilience, and the beauty of trans people. There will be music, refreshments, a reading of the names of trans people who were killed this year, and a time of sharing. It will end with a vigil walk several blocks down Ocean Ave to Paradise Dance & Night Club.

Contact info drgeen...@gmail.com