Social Action: 4/27 - Gathering with Purpose, TimeBanks USA

Sarah Klepner

Apr 26, 2017, 2:00:58 PM4/26/17
to transition-red-bank

Other upcoming events: tonight- Let's Talk About Being Muslim in America, Red Bank; May 7th Seed Swap, Tinton Falls (see below)

Gathering with a Purpose - How Timebanking Builds Resilient Communities

APRIL 27TH 2017

 6:00PM-8:00PM

Monmouth County Library HQ

125 Symmes Drive

Manalapan

Another opportunity to learn about timebanking...                               Thanks to Rachel Dawn Davis for connecting with TimeBanks USA.           For more info, email greend...@gmail.com.

These are challenging, confusing times...

Here in the United States, we are divided. On the national level, we are seeking change, but disagreeing on the direction that change should take. Worst of all, it’s easy to feel helpless; knowing that there are larger forces at work, feeling like they are more powerful than any small group of us can change.

Yet in our communities we know and experience the good of our neighbors, our friends, our colleagues. We share kindnesses, laughter, and joy every day. We work alongside one another. We feel valued and we value others in return. We say “hello” and ask “how are you doing?” In our own communities, we know that we can positively affect other people’s lives.

So, what can we do?

How can we take the values and actions making our local communities healthy, thriving places and use them to bring more people together in a meaningful way?

Those questions led us at TimeBanks USA to create...

Gathering With A Purpose

Gathering With A Purpose is a four-part series of gatherings - one potluck and three workshops - that explore the acts of giving and receiving towards building more resilient, resourceful communities.

The complex nature of giving and receiving with one another is something that we often take for granted and, as a result, tend to overlook and neglect. But, through our decades of experience with timebanking, we’ve come to realize how important it is. We believe that change happens on the local level through the reciprocity of individual actions in relationships - that’s why we’ve brought you Gathering With A Purpose.

Each gathering provides participants with new skills, useful resources and opportunities to create direct benefit in their community. Want to Learn More? Join Us

***********

Let's Talk About...Being Muslim in America
Wed. April 26
7 pm
Red Bank Library
84 West Front Street, Red Bank
Downstairs meeting room

Speakers:  Nagwa Awad and Esmat Mahmoud
The "Let's Talk About Race" discussion series continues! The Red Bank Public Library invites you to participate in this important conversation that explores race and culture. Join us on the last Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m.! Registration is recommended, call

**********

Spring Seed and Seedling Swap
Sunday, May 7
1-4 pm
369 Green Grove Road, Tinton Falls

(corner of Silvercrest Drive and Green Grove Rd.)

Grey House with Cranberry Shutters

Grey Prius in driveway

RSVP Teresa at growin...@comcast.net

 732-610-5945

What can you bring to swap:

Your extra seeds, seedlings and/or garden materials (pots, containers, tools, etc.)

And some food/drink to share...

 Depending on what people have brought, we may have to give those who brought seeds/seedlings the opportunity to swap first.  However, we expect that there will be enough for those who don’t bring seeds/seedlings to be able to get seeds/seedlings, and Teresa will have tomato plants for all!