Social Action: Racial justice meetings tonite/tomorrow, RB

Sarah Klepner

Nov 18, 2015, 12:12:25 PM11/18/15
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank

Let's Talk about Race discussion series:

Tonight's topic is the groundbreaking 1967 Supreme Court case, Loving vs. Virginia, which tore down states’ right to outlaw interracial marriage. Hosted by Gilda Rogers.

Wed. Nov. 18 7 pm

Red Bank Library

84 West Front Street

Red Bank

732-842-0690 x111 (rsvp requested)

Thursday- Citizens for a Diverse and Open Society one-year anniversary meeting (all are welcome).

From Sid Bernstein, CitizensForAD...@gmail.com:

Hi,

Just a Reminder about our meeting (and 1st Year Celebration!) this coming Thursday...

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19th, 2015

7:00 PM

PILGRIM BAPTIST CHURCH

172 Shrewsbury Avenue

Red Bank, NJ 07701

Please Note

- Our Meetings are Held in the House Next to The Church (166 Shrewsbury Avenue)

- Parking: From Shrewsbury Avenue, turn on Leonard Street to park behind church

  • We will celebrate our 1st Year as a group that is concerned about the conditions of race relations in our community and country.
  • Just having a space to express our opinions and concerns is great to celebrate. Just a chance to meet people of like minds is something to celebrate. Just to know we have the best interests and beliefs is worthy of celebrating.
So, please come this Thursday, where people of like minds can share some thoughts, and indulge in some "goodies" and a Birthday cake to celebrate and enjoy. Bon Appetite!

Thanks again.

Gilda and Sid

Gilda Rogers and Sid Bernstein, Co-founders

CDOS - Citizens for a Diverse and Open Society
Email: CitizensForAD...@gmail.com

Diane Burke

Nov 18, 2015, 12:42:39 PM11/18/15
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sorry Sarah for being "out of it", lots happening.  Sadly my brother, 56 years old, passed away, he was very depressed and took his life and leaves behind 3 little boys.  Then my daughter came home from Mexico and I am driving with her to Colorado on Monday - after thanksgiving.  I will be at Wendy's seed party on Saturday at 4.  I hope maybe you are going and we can catch up there.  if not, Happy Thanksgiving, xo diane

Diane Burke