Social Action: Tomorrow-Dialogue with Eli Wiesel, 6 pm + More Upcoming

Sarah Klepner

Nov 11, 2017, 7:27:45 PM11/11/17
to transition-red-bank
11/12: Film:
Dialogue with Elie Wiesel, 6 pm, Lincroft
11/15: Film and Speaker: Harvest of Empire, 6:30 pm, Asbury Park
11/16: Film: Deportation of Innocence, 6 pm, Brookdale CC, Lincroft

-Seeds sought for Puerto Rico- Raices Cultural Center in Highland Park (NJ) is collecting organic (or at least non-GMO) seeds for Puerto Rican farmers. Please call/text 312-388-2011 if you have seeds to share.
-Good news! (follow up to discussion from Nov. 2 film) http://www.mercyforanimals.org /nyc-announces-meatless-monday -pilot-program

                                                               **********

Film:
Dialogues with Eli Wiesel: the moral responsibility of the individual in a changing world
Sunday, November 12
6 pm
1475 West Front Street, Lincroft
Unitarian Meetinghouse (uucmc.org

After nearly eight years of Social Action films, we are screening a reflection on the role of the individual in relation to the challenges we have examined over the years - a conversation between

Nobel Peace Prize winner and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel and historian and former presidential advisor David Axelrod*. Together, they examine the moral responsibility of the private person in dealing with many critical issues facing us today. For more info, email danci...@gmail.com.
  *interviewer has changed, subject remains the same

                                                    ************
Trinity Church Racial Justice Project's film series:
Harvest of Empire-The Untold Story of Latinos in America
Featuring Speaker, Dr. Kasturi 'Rumu' DasGupta, Emeritus Professor of Sociology, Georgian Court U.

Film: Deportation of Innocence
Thursday, Nov. 16
6 - 7:30 pm
MAN 105
Brookdale Community College
765 Newman Springs Road
Lincroft NJ 07738

What happens to children when their parents are deported?
Come find out! Hosted by Dreamers+ (Brookdale student club).
Free popcorn will be served.
For more info, contact Dr. Ashley Zampogna-Krug, Dreamers+ faculty advisor at azampognakrug@brookdalecc.edu  or 732-224-2535

***If you aren't familiar with Brookdale, leave plenty of time to find the room.

ibiker...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2017, 12:27:07 PM11/12/17
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah how's it goi g. Can you kindly remove me from the list. I get 2 identical emails. I'm on 2 lists I guess Tnx w

Sent from my iPhone

Sarah Klepner

Nov 12, 2017, 2:55:16 PM11/12/17
to transition-red-bank
Hey Wendy, hope all is well with you! I did take your email off the list but the second email is getting to you via the transition-red-bank google group..

ibiker...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2017, 9:54:35 PM11/12/17
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
K Tnx