TONIGHT: Transition to Resilience and Social Justice teleseminar 7 pm

Sarah Klepner

Jan 29, 2015, 11:25:21 AM1/29/15
to transition-red-bank, Daniel Ciaglia

Diversity & Social Justice: How to Achieve "Transitioning for All?"

Where Do the Transition Environmental Movement and the Social Justice Movement Intersect?
Thursday, January 29, 2015 @ 7:00pm

Event Landing page with further information: http://bit.ly/15tptsj

As the awareness of the need to build resilient communities grows stronger, people of conscience also look to the state of the whole.
The challenges of climate change effects different groups in vastly different ways. For example, recovery
​within​
 historically disenfranchised communities from hurricanes and Superstorms Katrina, Irene, Lee and Sandy looks radically different than that of more affluent communities. Learn about the on-the-ground resilience-building experiences and how we can ensure "transition for all" going forward.

Speakers:
Pamela Boyce Simms, Convener of

The Mid-Atlantic Transition Hub (MATH) welcomes:

Yasmin Stewart
​,​

a community activist with the Call to Action Long term Recovery Group in Superstorm Sandy-devastated Far Rockaway, NY.
​ ​
Yasmin bears personal witness to the pre-storm isolation and demographic stratification of Rockaway, "the forgotten New York," profound personal loss in the storm, and the life-shattering bureaucratic abuse of the Far Rockway community in its aftermath
​;​
 ​
Dr. G. Modele Clarke
​,​
 a social justice advocate
​ and​
 senior pastor of the New Progressive Baptist Church, a hub of "End the New Jim Crow," and "Undoing Racism" social activism work in Kingston, NY
​; and
Joanie
​ Freeman, an initiator with Transition Charlottesville Abelmarle,  who​
 has tried multiple approaches to bridging the racial divide prevalent in Charlottesville, fostering diversity in Transition and in the Ecovillage where Transition is headquartered in Charlottesville.

Facilitating Regional Transition to Resilience

The Mid-Atlantic Transition Hub (MATH)

If we wait for the government, it'll be too little too late.
If we act as individuals, it'll be too little.
But if we act as communities, it might just be just enough, just in time.

B F

Jan 29, 2015, 2:08:25 PM1/29/15
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
I presume this is in Manhattan, but find NOTHING but a phone prefix to tell me that.
When making announcements:
WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY, HOW.

- BF

Sarah Klepner

Jan 30, 2015, 11:39:15 AM1/30/15
to transition-red-bank
hi Bruce,

It was a teleseminar, eg a conference call- the link to register (and hence get the call-in number) is towards the top of the announcement.  I believe you can access the recording of the call through that same link.

thanks very much,
Sarah