Maybe a seed-buying cooperative?

1 view

B F

Feb 14, 2015, 9:43:11 AM2/14/15
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
I try to plant a small garden each year.  I was thinking of getting seeds other than what I can pick up in the local stores.  So I got the Johnny's Selected Seeds catalog (johnnyseeds.com -- not a recommendation, just for info.) and started thumbing through it.

What struck me is the prices!    A few randomly selected:
Broccoli:  packet ~$4; 1000 seeds ~$8+
Eggplant:  packet $4-$7; 100 seeds $10-$22; 250 seeds ~$5-$34.
Okra: packet ~$4; 1/2 oz $6-$10

You get the picture.  The packets are expensive but the price for greater quantities is substantially lower.  This suggest co-op buying might be in order.
Any interest?

--
- BF