Social Actions: Sandy film tomorrow/RB racism discussion tonight

Sarah Klepner

Apr 27, 2016, 4:51:55 PM4/27/16
to Daniel Ciaglia, transition-red-bank
  • Film: At the Edge
  • Thursday April 28, 7-9 pm
  • Monmouth Beach Cultural Center
  • 128 Ocean Ave, Monmouth Beach NJ 07750
  • Hosted by Surfrider Foundation-Jersey Shore Chapter

A Dutch graduate student came to NJ after Sandy to learn about our response to the most destructive hurricane to ever hit our state. The result was this 25 minute film which will be screened along with a presentation and a Q and A with the film maker, Marit Noset. Please come out and bring a friend. Light refreshments will be served.

 At the Edge - Film Screening and Presentation about NJ's Response to Sandy

Thanks to Laura Bagwell for sharing info!

************

Red Bank Library's Let's Talk About Race series continues..

Wed. April 27   7 pm

Red Bank Library, 84 West Front Street, RB

This month's discussion focuses on Race Amity (friendship) and Healing, with videos and a presentation, followed by a discussion. Hosted by Red Bank resident Patty Whyte. Registration requested, 732-842-0690 x111

Seed and Plant Swap

Sunday May 1    2-6 pm

Convention Hall Arcade, Asbury Park Boardwalk

1300 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712

Join/Share Facebook event page: Spring Seed and Plant Swap

https://www.facebook.com/events/542845059221641/

Join us for a Seed and Plant Swap.. Bring seeds you've saved, and plants you've started, to share..

All are welcome regardless of whether you have anything to share. There will be no exchange of money, just swap stories and information.

Contact Wendy Weiner at ibiker...@gmail.com for any questions.