Fwd: Free and Fair elections - Will you help us make history this week?

1 view

Diane Burke

Feb 21, 2015, 8:58:43 PM2/21/15
to ASP Sean Walsh, Andreea Fegan, Mark and Laurel Kearney, Barbara Clark, Tim Kirby Bro, transitio...@googlegroups.com, steve buchanan, Joan Cleary, John Monroe Cell, CamKir

Subject: Free and Fair elections - Will you help us make history this week?

You may have heard of an amazing organization called Wolf PAC (wolf-pac.com),
which is working hard to get a constitutional amendment to restore democracy by
overturning Citizens United and restoring free and fair elections.  They are
going state by state; they have already gotten the resolution passed in California, Illinois, and Vermont, and
now they are only one vote away from getting it passed in New Jersey.

If you would like to take part in helping New Jersey to become the 4th state in
the nation to demand that we restore democracy, please make a phone call one or
both of your State Representatives in the NJ Assembly before Monday. It's
already passed in the NJ Senate.

It takes less than 5 minutes to make one call.   I've called my representatives,
and I'm hoping you'll call yours.

The FINAL New Jersey VOTE for the Wolf PAC  Resolution for Free and Fair
Elections will be this Monday Feb. 23 !

Step 1: Click here to find out the names and phone ‪#‎s‬ of your two Assembly
Representatives. www.njleg.state.nj.us/districts/municipalities.asp Click on
"Legislators for District ___" (your District #) to find the phone #s.

Step 2: Here's what you can say when call your two Assembly Representatives.
(Since it's the weekend, just leave a voice mail and say this).

“Hi, I’d like to leave a message for Representative __________. My name is
___________ and I live in the town of _________ which in his(her) district. I’m
calling to ask that he(she) vote YES on ACR 149 when it comes up for a vote THIS
Monday. This is about restoring Free and Fair Elections in America. In my
opinion there is nothing more important than restoring free and fair elections."
Step 3: Send me an email to let me know the name(s) of the Assembly Reps you called.

Step 4: (Optional): Forward this email to friends who might be sympathetic to the cause.

Klaus Rittenbach