Community Exchange System

Richard

Mar 18, 2013, 8:25:42 AM3/18/13
My name is Richard Bryant. I attended the recent "Economy, Tourism, Transport and Energy" meeting at Ochala last Friday 15 March. At that time I said that I would provide some information that I researched.

I have been researching the "Community Exchange System" for managing alternative trading, buying and selling methods.There is demo page where one can test the entire system. Note that there appears to be automatic translation features built into the system.   I contacted CES to ask about server and software issues. Here is the reply:

"Hi Richard

CES runs and maintains its own servers. Each server hosts a number of CES exchange groups. All groups on a particular server share the same interface software but have their own database. Registering with CES provides the registrant with a free service, much the same as someone registering with Google or Facebook.

CES is 'financed' internally. This means it runs on its own steam and does not require 'funding' (i.e. conventional money). All exchange groups contribute a small percentage of their 'revenue' (in CES credits) which goes towards the running of CES. Central CES then uses those credits to obtain server hosting, bandwidth, programming services etc. from providers who are registered with CES.

Regards
Tim Jenkin

Tim,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am still not clear about the servers and software of CES. Do you mean that when one registers a new CES site there is no charge. Who maintains the servers?

Regards,
Richard

Hi Richard

To register go to the CES home page at <https://www.community-exchange.org/>https://www.community-exchange.org/ and you will see the register buttons at the top right. I think you will find all the information you need there. There is no charge for using or registering with CES.

Regards
Tim Jenkin"

Quite simply, there is no monetary charge for the use and participation in CES. Please let me know what you think?

The CES URL is: