[News] [NC, USA] Benham Brothers' Dad Blames Charlotte Riots On LGBT Rights Law

4 peržiūros
Praleisti ir pereiti prie pirmo neskaityto pranešimo

Stephanie Stevens

neskaityta,
2016-10-01 08:54:372016-10-01
kam: transgen...@googlegroups.com, Transge...@transgendernews.groups.io, transge...@yahoogroups.com
EDGE Boston, MA, USA

Benham Brothers' Dad Blames Charlotte Riots On LGBT Rights Law

Friday Sep 30, 2016

Continuing a theme of blaming everything from floods, earthquakes and terrorist acts on the gays, Flip Benham, father of the "Benham Twins," is blaming the recent riots and racial tension in Charlotte, North Carolina on the city's passage of an LGBT anti-discrimination law earlier this year, Right Wing Watch reports.

"It is you who unleashed hell in our city when you tried to say that boys and girls are not that different," Benham said at a Charlotte city council meeting this week. "You did it! Now repent [Charlotte mayor] Jennifer Roberts, in the name of Jesus Christ!"

Charlotte was rocked with a week-long series of marches, demonstrations and civil unrest following the fatal police shooting of Keith Lamont Scott, an African American man, on September 20. The otherwise hospitable and forward-thinking city was beat with violence, looting and vandalism, as well as attacks on police and reporters.

Benham's tirade at the city council is far from his first attack on the city council for passing the non-discrimination law aimed to protect its LGBT citizens.

In July, he attended city council meeting where he used his three minutes during the "citizen's forum" portion of the meeting to accuse the city council of putting its "middle finger right in the eye of almighty God."

"Now we've got this transgenderism nonsense!" Benham bellowed as he slammed his hand upon the podium. "It's not a sin to be black! But it is a sin to be a practicing homosexual! It is a sin. It is not a moral right! It is wrong and you need to say so and you've opened up the doors of hell on our city, you and this council and you need to repent!"

[Video]

Copyright © 2003-2016 EDGE Publications, Inc. / All Rights Reserved

http://boston.edgemedianetwork.com/news/religion/news//204621/benham_brothers_dad_blames_charlotte_riots_on_lgbt_rights_law
Atsakyti visiems
Atsakyti autoriui
Persiųsti