Portland Pedestrian Advisory Committee Meeting: May 19th, 6-9pm

1 view

Steve B

May 12, 2015, 6:44:33 PM5/12/15
to AROW
From: Schooley, Sara <Sara.S...@portlandoregon.gov>

Hi PAC members, alternates, and interested parties,

Hope you’re enjoying our respite from the sun – ha! We have a great meeting coming up on Tuesday, May 19th in the Hawthorne Room in the Portland Building (1120 SW 5th Ave, 8th Floor). Due to the desire to keep working on the PAC Code of Conduct that we started at the April meeting, this meeting will start at 6pm. Please plan on attending the entire meeting if possible. We’ll make the snacks more dinner-ish to help you get through the meeting. Please let me know before Sunday, May 17th if you cannot make the meeting so we don’t waste food.

These are the main topics that we’ll be covering (the agenda can be found here):

1. Powell-Division Pedestrian Modeling (Metro, TriMet, and PBOT)

The Powell‐Division Transit and Development Project seeks to create a long‐term vision for transit service that identifies and prioritizes transit improvements and other changes that make it easier and safer to walk and bike to transit. The staff team will describe the evaluation process, tools, and innovative pedestrian modeling that was designed for this project. Information developed through this process and the results of the tools and models are intended to be used by the Project Steering Committee, the project team and interested stakeholders, such as PAC, to inform decision making. More information about the Powell-Division Transit and Development Project can be found here.

2. PAC Rules of Conduct and Giving Effective Feedback

Continuing from last time -  In order for the PAC to be effective, we need to have a set of agreed upon rules of conduct so that all committee members feel comfortable expressing themselves at meeting, presenters feel that the PAC is a productive use of their time, and the chairs can effectively facilitate the meetings, among other benefits. Let’s take this time to do some initial work in creating a PAC Code of Conduct. Please review the notes from the last meeting here. If you were unable to attend the last meeting, either Roger or Rebecca will follow-up with you.

Once again, if you’re not able to attend on the 19th, please contact me ASAP. Otherwise, see you next week!

Thanks!

Sara Schooley
Pedestrian and ADA Coordinator
phone: 503-823-4589 | fax: 503-823-7675
1120 SW 5th Avenue | Suite 800 | Portland OR | 97204

To help ensure equal access to City Programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to person with disabilities. Call 503-823-5358, TDD 503-823-6868 with such requests or visit http://www.portlandonline.com/index.cfm?c=43193.

PBOT Employees: Ask me about our Bureau’s Equity Committee!