Fix Our Streets Portland Launch: Wednesday, 1/27, 2pm City Hall

Aaron Brown

Jan 23, 2016, 7:09:18 PM1/23/16
to Active Right of Way (AROW)
Howdy, AROW folks. It's official: Portland's City Council will be voting on Wednesday to send a 10 cent gas tax to Portland voters on the May 2016 ballot. The initiative would raise $66 million over four years, with $28 million of that to be invested in protected bike boulevards, sidewalks, and crosswalks near schools, busy streets, and known dangerous intersections.

We've waited for *years* for an opportunity to demonstrate to our elected officials that there's a passionate, active community of activists that want to see these changes made in Portland.

This is our opportunity.

Please consider sharing this facebook event and attending the Council vote this Wednesday at 2pm. If you're interested in testifying, please reach out to aa...@fixourstreetsportland.com, and I'll help arrange it. Hope I can count on some of Portland's longtime active transportation activists throughout this campaign!

PORTLAND CITY COUNCIL: Wednesday, 1/27, 2pm.