PBOT Advisory Committee Openings

Steve B

Jul 7, 2016, 7:02:46 PM7/7/16
to AROW
From: Schwoeffermann, Irene <Irene.Schw...@portlandoregon.gov>

Greetings Community Leaders,

My name is Irene Schwoeffermann and I have recently joined the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) as Public Involvement Coordinator. I am tasked with thinking critically about how our bureau engages with community and transportation stakeholders and will be working to share information and opportunities with those interested in engaging in our programs and policy work.

I am writing today to invite you to consider two important PBOT advisory committee opportunities:

Bureau/Budget Advisory Committee | Application due July 19th

PBOT convenes a Bureau/Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) to inform the annual transportation budget and think critically and strategically about Portland’s complete transportation system. The BAC will also review program priorities and infrastructure project lists and provide input on Bureau strategy and direction for incorporating equity and the inclusion of communities that are traditionally under-served by the Bureau. The BAC meets monthly and is year round. Learn more.

Fixing Our Streets Oversight Committee | Application due July 19th

On May 17, 2016, Portland voters approved Measure 26-173, creating Portland’s first local funding source for transportation maintenance and safety via a 10 cent per gallon fuel tax. The Fixing Our Streets Program will implement Measure 26-173. The Oversight Committee will monitor overall program implementation, with special attention on construction impacts on businesses and neighborhoods and the utilization of minority-owned, women-owned, and emerging small businesses. The Oversight Committee will meet quarterly. Learn more.

Both of these advisory groups will play an important role in shaping the future of our work at PBOT and we will be working diligently to ensure that these spaces are both informative and meaningful for committee members. For each group we are seeking a diversity of perspectives and experience. Onboarding and supplemental information sessions will be offered to assist with facilitating full participation of committee members regardless of experience with PBOT or budget/policy process. Individuals can apply for both if there is interest.

We do hope that you will consider applying and share these opportunities with your networks. I am available for any questions that may arise and look forward to staying connected.

Sincerely,

Irene Schwoeffermann

Irene Schwoeffermann | Public Involvement Coordinator
Portland Bureau of Transportation

O: 503.823.4239 | C: 503.823.8331

PBOT logo reduced

The City of Portland complies with all nondiscrimination, Civil Rights laws including Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II. To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503-823-5185, TTY 503-823-6868 or Oregon Relay Service: 711 with such requests, or visit http://bit.ly/13EWaCg