Fwd: Pedestrian Advisory Committee - April 17th Meeting *Agenda Attached*

Steve B

Apr 12, 2018, 6:22:49 PM4/12/18
to AROW

Email Title

Portland Bureau of Transportation

Hello all,

We hope this message finds you well! Attached and pasted below is the agenda for this month's Pedestrian Advisory Committee (PAC) which is being held next Tuesday, April 17th, from 6:00pm - 8:00pm in the Lovejoy Room at City Hall.

We have two presentations planned for the meeting. Gabe Graff, a Project Manager at PBOT, will begin the meeting by discussing Central City in Motion (CCIM). CCIM is a planning effort currently underway by PBOT to identify and prioritize strategic multi-modal improvements to create a smart, 21st transportation system in the Central City and help manage the increased demand in our transportation system.

Our second presentation will be from Mark Lear from the PBOT Legislative Resources Group to discuss Metro's Regional Transportation Plan and how it impacts PBOT's work - with a specific focus on pedestrian impacts. More details on each presentation are in the full agenda which is pasted below and attached to this email.

As always, all members of the public are welcome to attend the PAC meetings. Please come by if you want to find out more about these projects and other information about pedestrian planning in Portland!

--

City of Portland
Pedestrian Advisory Committee

6:00-6:45: Central City in Motion (45 min); Gabe Graff, PBOT Project Manager

Portland’s Central City is growing rapidly. By 2035, the Central City’s population is projected to triple and the number of jobs in the area will increase by 40 percent. Central City in Motion (CCIM) is PBOT’s currently underway planning effort to identify and prioritize strategic multi-modal improvements to create a smart, 21st century transportation system in the Central City to help manage this increased demand in our transportation system. The project will identify, prioritize, and fund transportation improvements in the Central City to improve mobility and safety for all modes. Sample projects that the plan may identify, prioritize, and fund include:

  • Safer intersections
  • Improved pedestrian connections
  • Dedicated transit lanes
  • Separated bike routes
  • Clear demarcation of street space for freight, transit and bicycles

Additional information about CCIM is available on the project website.

Key questions/issues for the PAC: General briefing on the project in anticipation of upcoming public surveys which will seek input on needed transportation improvements and priorities in the Center City.

6:45-7:30: Regional Transportation Plan (45 min); Mark Lear, PBOT Legislative Resources Group

Metro is in the final few months of developing the region’s long-range transportation plan for 2018-2040. As the metropolitan planning organization for the Portland metropolitan area, Metro is authorized by Congress and the State of Oregon to coordinate and plan investments in the transportation system for Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties. Every four years, Metro is required to update the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP), a guide for future investments in the region's transportation system. Additional information about RTP update is available on Metro’s website.

The purpose of this presentation is to provide an overview of the function of the RTP (what is it, how does it impact PBOT’s work?). We will specifically focus on pedestrian impacts.

Key questions/issues for the PAC: The “ask” to the Committee is to get involved in this RTP process - this could include a letter from the committee.

7:30-8:00: Hot Topics/Announcements/Committee Business

  • Google docs walk through
  • Gideon Over-crossing Fact Sheet
  • Neighborhood involvement
  • Public comment/questions for committee
  • Action items/next meeting

The City of Portland complies with all non‐discrimination, Civil Rights laws including Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II. To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will reasonably modify policies/procedures and provide auxiliary aids/services to persons with disabilities. Call 503-823-5185, TTY 503-823-6868 or Oregon Relay Service: 711 with such requests, or visit http://bit.ly/13EWaCg

Stay Connected with Portland Bureau of Transportation:

Porland OR

  Facebook Twitter Youtube Flickr Govdelivery