PAC: Important email (June meeting, PAC walk, Membership, and Streetcar/MAX tours)

Steve B

Jun 10, 2015, 6:16:32 PM6/10/15
to AROW
From: Schooley, Sara <Sara.S...@portlandoregon.gov>

Hi PAC members and alternates,

Happy June! I hope you’re all enjoying a nice influx of Vitamin D.

This is a long email. I’m doing it this way instead of having 10 short emails clutter your inbox. PLEASE read it to the end because it has A LOT of important information about:

1. Upcoming meeting
2. Annual PAC walk
3. Membership
4. Orange Line and Streetcar Tours

1. June Meeting. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 16th from 7-9pm in the Portland Building’s Hawthorne Room (1120 SW 5th Ave, 8th floor). The main topic of conversation will be funding, and the projects that PBOT is currently proposing for grant applications. Staff have taken the PAC’s TSP project list into consideration when choosing these projects and would like to show you the methodology they used. In addition, it will be a good introduction, or review, of PBOT’s (quasi) flexible funding sources. Our presenters, Mark Lear and Shoshana Cohen, were taking their materials that we will be using at the meeting to the Commissioner yesterday afternoon. Once we get the okay from the Commissioner, I’ll forward them along. I’ve attached the draft agenda. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING.

2. Annual PAC Walk. In August, we usually escape the cloisters of a City building and hit the streets for a walk. Last year, Eve did a great job of hooking us up with some folks along 82nd. Where do you all want to go this year? Please bring your thoughts to the next meeting!

3. Membership. It’s that time! We’ll be recruiting for new members (thinking maybe starting them in September?). Since Roger and Rebecca were just promoted to Chairs, we have three who are coming up to the end of their term (Don, Marianne, and Elizabeth). In addition, “the membership of the committee shall consist of at least nine (9), and no more than fifteen (15) members with full standing, and up to eight (8) alternate members.” So we have some room to bring some new folks on! Whos interested in being on the membership committee?

Status Name
Co-Chair (2017) 1 Rebecca Hamilton
Co-Chair (2017) 2 Roger Averbeck
  3 Don Baack (2014)
4 Chase Ballew (2017)
5 Anthony Buczek (2017)
  6 David Crout (2017)
  7 Marianne Fitzgerald (2014)
  8 Arlene Kimura (2017)
  9 Doug Klotz (2017)
10 Scott Kocher (2017)
  11 Rod Merrick (2017)
  12 Elizabeth Mros-O'Hara (2014)
13 Eve Nilenders (2017)
  14 Suzanne Stahl (2017)

4. Orange Line and Streetcar Tour. We Have only had five (!?!?!) PAC members RSVP for the streetcar and/or MAX tour. Just as a reminder, the streetcar tour is basically across the bridge and back, the Orange Line tour is the length of the line. PLEASE RSVP by going to http://doodle.com/hnm444iu8bthw7vs. This is who I have thus far.

  Streetcar
Thu 6/25/15                10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
MAX
Tue 7/14/15            12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Lillian Karabaic x x
Elizabeth Mros-O'Hara x
Chase Ballew x x
Marianne Fitzgerald   x
Roger Averbeck   x
Eve   x

Thanks for reading to the end. You’re a rock star. I’ll send out meeting materials as soon as I get them!!

Sara Schooley

Pedestrian and ADA Coordinator
phone: 503-823-4589 | fax: 503-823-7675
1120 SW 5th Avenue | Suite 800 | Portland OR | 97204

To help ensure equal access to City programs, services and activities, the City of Portland will provide translation, reasonably modify policies/procedures, and provide auxiliary aids/services/alternative formats to persons with disabilities.  For accommodations, translations, complaints, and additional information, contact me or the Civil Rights Title VI & ADA Title II Program by email at title6co...@portlandoregon.gov, by telephone (503) 823-2559, by City TTY 503-823-6868, or use Oregon Relay Service: 711.

PBOT Employees: Ask me about our Bureau’s Equity Committee!

PAC 6-16-15 Agenda_DRAFT.pdf