Possible to render a specific log revision in ticket comment?

Leho Kraav

Dec 21, 2014, 6:47:49 PM12/21/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking something like this for a macro

[[Diff(repository:revision)]]

Does anything similar to this already exist? th is taking about 5 minutes to load any page, can't check hack index.

RjOllos

Jan 2, 2015, 5:48:31 PM1/2/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Just to be sure, you want to display the diff, and not just the log message? I haven't seen anything like that on t-h.o, but a Changeset macro would be a valuable addition to Trac.

Leho Kraav

Jan 3, 2015, 2:22:47 AM1/3/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. It can be used for avoiding pasting code into wiki when
documenting examples and also as a lightweight, model-free code review
tool in ticket comments. With psuter's autocomplete magic from
http://trac-hacks.org/intertrac/WikiAutoCompletePlugin picking a
revision to use for the macro could be a really nice experience.

Steffen Hoffmann

Jan 3, 2015, 2:45:42 AM1/3/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

RjOllos

Jan 3, 2015, 10:00:50 PM1/3/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Those seems like good ideas. Some similar features are requested for WorkflowMacro in:
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/11865

Leho: if you create a ticket for the issue we can keep it in mind for a not-so-distant release.

Craig A

Jan 7, 2015, 11:58:19 PM1/7/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Does anything similar to this already exist? th is taking about 5 minutes to load any page, can't check hack index.

I was looking for something similar back in 2012 https://groups.google.com/d/msg/trac-users/lYm5kxZwkro/cUL0vnn7YYIJ but I did not find anything. I agree it would be very useful.