Table Cellspacing in Trac Ticket

Kristen

Dec 8, 2014, 4:02:09 PM12/8/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  When adding a table to the description textbox of a trac ticket, is there a way to format the spacing between cells?

For example, when adding

||=Column1=||=Column2=||=Column3=||

The table appears as:

Instead of

This does not happen when creating a table in a wiki page, only in a trac ticket.

Thanks for your help.

Steffen Hoffmann

Dec 9, 2014, 11:20:46 AM12/9/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

RjOllos

Dec 12, 2014, 8:14:12 PM12/12/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 8:20:46 AM UTC-8, hasienda wrote:

On 08.12.2014 22:02, Kristen wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   When adding a table to the description textbox of a trac ticket, is
> there a way to format the spacing between cells?
> This does not happen when creating a table in a wiki page, only in a
> trac ticket.

This doesn't happen in Trac 1.2dev too (1.1.1 here), so I think, this is
an issue with older Trac versions and a fixed one after all.

Or your setup has some relevant custom style definitions in place.

Steffen Hoffmann

Kristen

Dec 16, 2014, 3:34:07 PM12/16/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
You're right.  I tested adding a table to the trac ticket's description and I got the same results.  I thought that it was happening with all textboxes.  It seems to be only the custom fields.

RjOllos

Dec 30, 2014, 5:57:04 AM12/30/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:34:07 PM UTC-8, Kristen wrote:
You're right.  I tested adding a table to the trac ticket's description and I got the same results.  I thought that it was happening with all textboxes.  It seems to be only the custom fields.

Okay, I can reproduce on the trunk. That's probably a defect.  It looks like some of the CSS rules for wiki tables are being overridden. Would you mind opening a ticket?:
http://trac.edgewall.org/newticket

Kristen

Dec 30, 2014, 6:20:09 PM12/30/14
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
No problem.  I created a ticket.  It's #11896.

RjOllos

Jan 18, 2015, 2:34:05 AM1/18/15
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 3:20:09 PM UTC-8, Kristen wrote:
No problem.  I created a ticket.  It's #11896.

Thank you again for reporting the issue. Thanks to Pete Suter's patch, it was fixed in [13662] (1) and will be included in Trac 1.0.4 (2), to be released around March 1st. If you are eager to have the fix in place, it should be fairly safe to install from 1.0-stable@13663 (3), since that is only two revisions after the 1.0.3 release.