Re: [Trac] TagsPlugin questions

Steffen Hoffmann

Jan 7, 2013, 5:55:11 PM1/7/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Oblio Leitch

Jan 8, 2013, 8:22:17 AM1/8/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so TP uses both space and tab delimiters?  Is there a way to turn off space delimiting?

RjOllos

Jan 9, 2013, 4:16:38 PM1/9/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:22:17 AM UTC-8, Oblio wrote:
Ok, so TP uses both space and tab delimiters?  Is there a way to turn off space delimiting?

You can effectively accomplish that (for browsers with JavaScript enabled) using the KeywordSuggestPlugin:

Make sure to set the multipleseparator configuration option. I haven't received any feedback on recent changes made to the plugin, so please let me know how it's working for you if you are able to test.

RjOllos

Jan 9, 2013, 4:20:55 PM1/9/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:22:17 AM UTC-8, Oblio wrote:
Ok, so TP uses both space and tab delimiters?  Is there a way to turn off space delimiting?

I may have misread this. KeywordSuggestPlugin will force the separator to be a specific character, but I don't think there is way to force TagsPlugin to treat a space-separated phrase such as "some tag" as a single tag.

Steffen Hoffmann

Jan 9, 2013, 5:36:58 PM1/9/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Oblio Leitch

Jan 10, 2013, 7:40:55 AM1/10/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Well, in my [use] case, I'm applying the plugin to a very active ticket system - there are already thousands of tickets. When I apply TagPlugin, the cloud that's created has lots of useless tags being generated by the keywords field in the existing tickets.  Tags like "-", "&", "7", "I", etc.  Yes, the keywords field shouldn't be used as a description field (eg "Defect: P & I Calc Date (Dormant)"), however, going through and changing all the keywords would be time consuming.  It would be helpful to simply change the delimiter to a comma.

Steffen Hoffmann

Jan 10, 2013, 5:09:57 PM1/10/13
to trac-...@googlegroups.com