Meeting on the 18th

1 view

Nikolas Varrone

Nov 17, 2020, 9:37:07 PM11/17/20
to townoflivoni...@googlegroups.com

A word from the Chair, We Can Do Better

Do you remember where you were when you got the news of the Biden-Harris victory? I was in the garden preparing a bed to plant garlic in with my son. I wept tears of joy to know that the disastrous and dangerous era of Donald Trump will soon be coming to an end. However, with the losses in the 27th Congressional district (McMurry) race, the 133rd State Assembly (Sattler-Leblanc) race, the numerous flipped seats in the US house, and with the US Senate still hanging in the balance, the victory was bittersweet.

We can do better.

We can build a local organization strong enough to chip away at the Republican majority. We can register additional voters. We can educate existing voters how the Democratic party has the ideas  we need to survive and thrive in the 21st Century. We can get more people to the polls during early voting.

We can do better and we can win.

Right now we are a small group but I believe we have the power to grow and to change this town, county, and region to blue. See the section below how you can help us do better to fight for a more just, equitable, and sustainable world.

-Nik Varrone, Town of Livonia Democratic Committee Chairperson

We need your help

The Town Of Livonia Democratic Committee is looking for volunteers to help organize events, reach out to voters, serve on the committee, and more.

If you are interested in volunteering, please use our contact us form and include a brief statement on who you are and what you would like to help out with.

Upcoming Events

Town Democratic Committee Meeting

The next town Democratic committee meeting will be held tomorrow night, Wednesday, the 18th at 7 PM via Google Meet. Committee meetings are held every third Wednesday of every month at 7 PM.

Livingston County Democratic Committee Meeting

To receive notifications of the monthly Livingston County Democratic Committee meetings, visit the official website and sign up for the mailing list.