Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Nikolas Varrone

não lida,
16 de mar. de 2021, 22:17:4016/03/2021
para 'Nikolas Varrone' via TownOfLivoniaNYDemocrats

A word from the Chair, One Year Later

It was just over one year ago that everything changed. We were scared. We didn’t know much about the virus. We didn’t know exactly how it was transmitted nor how to really protect ourselves. We heard the horror stories of what had previously happened in China and Italy as well as what was now happening in Washinton State and in New York City.

Leadership matters.

For a brief time some of felt a national sense of unity as we all figured out to keep some systems going while staying distant. Sadly that didn’t last as the Trump administration’s chaotic approach to the virus spread misinformation and cost countless lives. In countries where the government took a unified and science based approach to the pandemic saw far less suffering. As of this writing, New Zealand lost only 26 people to the virus. That’s roughly .53 people per 100,000. By contrast the United States’ rate is three hundred times higher at 106 people for 100,000. Over a half of a million Americans are dead, largely because of poor leadership.

In the last year year I have asked myself about our local leaders. Where are our local leaders? Where are the members of our town board? Where is our town supervisor? Where is the specific advice for our town in these uncertain times?

Leadership matters.

We have a change to change this situation. We can elect Democrats to local public office who will listen to the science and reach out to the public to help keep us safe in these uncertain times. There will be an election for the town this year and we’re looking for people to run for the roles of town supervisor, justice, clerk, highway superintendent, and two seats on the town council. If you, or anyone you know would be interested in running for these roles, please forward this email to them and reach out to us via our contact us form.

In the meantime, please keep yourselves safe. Follow all of the CDC guidelines on how to protect yourself and others. Check to see if you are elligible for a vaccine and schedule an appointment to get vaccinated on the New York State Department of Health’s vaccine page.
-Nik Varrone, Town of Livonia Democratic Committee Chairperson

Donate!

Help us fight for a more just, equitable, and sustainable world by donating to the Town of Livonia Democratic Committee. In the hopes of raising money to fight for our cause, elevating the profile of local Democrats, and building a strong community, I’ve committed to a monthly pledge. Won’t you please consider doing the same and donate today?

Upcoming Events

Town Democratic Committee Meeting
Town Democratic Committee meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7 PM. The next town Democratic committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 7th at 7 PM via Google Meet. I hope you can join us!

Livingston County Democratic Committee Meeting
The next Livingston County Democratic Committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 3rd 2021 at 7 PM. To get a link to the event, sign up for the county’s mailing list on this page.

Town Caucus
Elections will be held for both the town and village this year and we need to start identifying candidates to run for those offices. Are you or someone you know interested in running for office? If you know someone who you think would make a great candidate for office, share this email with them and please let us know by using our contact us form.

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem