What we reap is what we sow

Nikolas Varrone

Apr 20, 2021, 5:57:54 PM4/20/21
to 'Nikolas Varrone' via TownOfLivoniaNYDemocrats

Upcoming Events

Town Democratic Caucus

We are planning to hold a Democratic Caucus on July 14th at 7PM in Livonia Community Park to identify candidates for the town offices of the clerk , Highway Supervisor, two seats on the Town Board, and the Town Supervisor. All Democrats are invited and encouraged to attend.

Are you or someone you know interested in running for office? If you know someone who you think would make a great candidate for office, share this email with them and please let us know by using our contact us form.

Town Democratic Committee Meeting

Town Democratic Committee meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7 PM.

The next town Democratic committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 21st at 7 PM via Google Meet. I hope you can join us!

Livingston County Democratic Committee Meeting

The next Livingston County Democratic Committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 5th 2021 at 7 PM. To get a link to the event, sign up for the county’s mailing list on this page.

A word from the Chair, What We Reap is What We Sow

It’s springtime again which, for me, means gardening. I love to garden. I enjoy all aspects of it whether it is cultivating the vegetable beds, dividing perennials, and pruning our fruit trees. If I have worked hard in the springtime, I’m surrounded by an abundance of fruits, vegetables, and flowers by midsummer.

The old saying is true that, “what you reap is what you sow. "

For us Democrats, it is our springtime. Your donations are like the compost that feeds our movement. Your conversations to spread the word are our seeds. Your volunteerism is like the water that sustains everything and, without which, nothing will grow.

What will we reap this fall?

If we do nothing now then nothing will change. We will remain a community squandering its potential while yearning for a yesteryear that is glamorous only in hindsight.

That can change with your help.

If we work diligently we will enjoy the fruit that is electing democrats up and down the ballot. I will not tell you it will be easy, nor will it be swift. We must be as committed as Stacy Abrams, whose efforts in Georgia have delivered both the presidency and the Senate to the democrats.

 Will you help us sow the seeds to building a strong town committee?

-Nik Varrone, Town of Livonia Democratic Committee Chairperson

Donate!

Help us fight for a more just, equitable, and sustainable world by donating to the Town of Livonia Democratic Committee. In the hopes of raising money to fight for our cause, elevating the profile of local Democrats, and building a strong community, I’ve committed to a monthly pledge. Won’t you please consider doing the same and donate today?