CRUDish Sample App

Michael Madrid

Nov 28, 2011, 1:21:35 PM11/28/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Would be really nice to see a Mulberry sample app demonstrating CRUD functionality.

Perhaps something like the backbone.js todo list sample app, though would be nice if a little meatier by being able to group todo items in folders.  Even better if could also tag items.  These two enhancements should give a good idea how Mulberry will be able to handle data relationships in a real-world app.

Would also be nice if the demo demonstrated both offline and online data repos.

Michael

Rebecca Murphey

Nov 30, 2011, 5:25:03 PM11/30/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion :) I'm working on something like this for my
presentation at TriangleJS next week, so hopefully we'll have
something basic to show in the near future!

--
Rebecca Murphey
Lead JavaScript Developer at Toura

Mulberry: http://mulberry.toura.com | Toura: http://toura.com
You should follow @touradev on Twitter

Michael Madrid

Nov 30, 2011, 9:49:16 PM11/30/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Look fwd to seeing it.

Rebecca Murphey

Dec 13, 2011, 12:51:51 PM12/13/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
You can see a sample Todos app with local storage here: https://github.com/Toura/mulberry-demos/tree/master/todos. Let me know if you have questions -- we're working on making this demo more thorough and including remote storage, too.

Michael Madrid

Dec 14, 2011, 5:20:18 PM12/14/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
I got this to run w mulberry serve and also on the iphone 4.0 simulator using mulberry test (i'm using phonegap 1.2 so assuming that's usable now?).  Seems to be a sass compilation problems though.  On server getting:

== mulberry has taken the stage on port 3001. ^C to quit.
SASS ERROR: Mixin box-shadow takes 2 arguments but 3 were passed.

and both places the app appears unstyled.

Will take a further look at the code and looking fwd to the more extensive demo

Rebecca Murphey

Dec 14, 2011, 7:00:57 PM12/14/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
I'll take a look -- there have been a lot of changes landing on master lately, so I don't rule out that it's got issues there. Look for a fix shortly!

Rebecca Murphey

Dec 14, 2011, 7:21:05 PM12/14/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed an update to the scss files that appears to fix the issue. Let me know if you have any more trouble with it, but it seems to boot up in the browser just fine now --

Michael Madrid

Dec 15, 2011, 9:09:25 AM12/15/11
to Toura Mulberry
works in browser, simulator and on my iphone 4. seems much more
responsive than jqmobile on the phone too. nice work.

one issue: mulberry test seems to generate two xcode projects: the
regular one, which has all the simulators and my iphone in the Scheme
choice, and then a dedicated ipad proj w/ only a few ipad choices.
The latter came up first and the page wasn't showing up, which made me
think at first that things weren't working. Any way to get rid the
ipad only project?

Rebecca Murphey

Dec 15, 2011, 9:22:02 AM12/15/11
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com

Yep, you can edit config.yml in the root of the project, there are some entries for different device types and OS -- just remove whatever you don't want!