Latest code is broken?

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 10:36:22 AM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
I grabbed the latest from the github repo and ran source ./install.sh
again.
I then did this:

$ mulberry scaffold mulberry-test
$ cd mulberry-test
$ mulberry serve

the server reports no errors.
the browser console says:

dojo.js:14failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/app/user/Twitter.js
with error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'socialInBrowser' of
undefined
dojo.js:14failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/app/Sharing.js with
error: Error: Could not load 'toura.app.user.Twitter'; last tried '../
toura/app/user/Twitter.js'
dojo.js:14failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/components/
MoreDrawer.js with error: Error: Could not load 'toura.app.Sharing';
last tried '../toura/app/Sharing.js'
dojo.js:14failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/components/_base.js
with error: Error: Could not load 'toura.components.MoreDrawer'; last
tried '../toura/components/MoreDrawer.js'
dojo.js:14Uncaught Error: Could not load 'toura.components._base';
last tried '../toura/components/_base.js'
GET http://localhost:3001/ios/phone/media/load-screens/landscape.png
404 (Not Found)
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME notification
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME device
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME network
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME audio
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME push
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME browser
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME camera
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME geolocation
javascript/dojo/../mulberry/app/PhoneGap.js:21NAME accelerometer
Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/
html: "http://localhost:3001/ios/phone/media/manifest.js".
tour.js:1Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'local' of undefined
(anonymous function)tour.js:1
dojo.js:14
TypeError
arguments: Array[2]
get message: function getter() { [native code] }
get stack: function getter() { [native code] }
set message: function setter() { [native code] }
set stack: function setter() { [native code] }
type: "non_object_property_load"
__proto__: Error

Rebecca Murphey

Feb 11, 2012, 10:42:18 AM2/11/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
I'll take a look and see what I can figure out. Thanks for letting us know.
--
Rebecca Murphey
Lead JavaScript Developer at Toura

Mulberry: http://mulberry.toura.com | Toura: http://toura.com
You should follow @touradev on Twitter

Rebecca Murphey

Feb 11, 2012, 10:55:17 AM2/11/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Hm, so I pulled the latest from master, and followed your instructions, and I was able to get the scaffolded app to appear in my browser. I did have to clear my cache, however -- before doing that, I was seeing similar errors. I also verified that I can serve the kitchensink app -- can you try that one? You can also pass a different port to mulberry serve, which could help with the caching:

mulberry serve -p 3002

Hope this helps --

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 12:08:32 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
So I cleared my cache, but the Kitchensink app bombs for me too (see
errors below).
I'm going to uninstall and reinstall mulberry with the latest from
repo, and see if that fixes it.

failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/components/_base.js with
error: Error: Could not load 'toura.components.AdTag'; last tried '../
toura/components/AdTag.js'
[...]

Rebecca Murphey

Feb 11, 2012, 12:22:12 PM2/11/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Rebecca Murphey
www.rebeccamurphey.com | @rmurphey

Can you verify that there is a file at
$REPO_ROOT/app/toura/components/AdTag.js ? I'm seeing it in my master,
but it sounds like it's not being found in yours.

For what it's worth, we are working on making it possible for you to
scaffold an app that doesn't include any of these "Toura" components,
so these sorts of problems should happen less often once that lands,
hopefully soon :)

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 12:29:03 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
Reinstallation did not solve it.

Clear browser cache.

$ rm -rf mulberry
$ rm -rf mulberry-test
$ gemset delete mulberry
$ git clone git://github.com/Toura/mulberry.git
$ cd mulberry
$ source ./install.sh
$ cd ..
$ mulberry scaffold mulberry-test
$ cd mulberry-test
$ mulberry serve -p 3000

Console...

dojo.js:14failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/components/_base.js
with error: Error: Could not load 'toura.components.AdTag'; last tried
'../toura/components/AdTag.js'
GET http://localhost:3000/ios/phone/media/load-screens/landscape.png
html: "http://localhost:3000/ios/phone/media/manifest.js".

On Feb 11, 9:08 am, Matthew Page <matthewnp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I cleared my cache, but the Kitchensink app bombs for me too (see
> errors below).
> I'm going to uninstall and reinstall mulberry with the latest from
> repo, and see if that fixes it.
>
> failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/components/_base.js with
> error: Error: Could not load 'toura.components.AdTag'; last tried '../
> toura/components/AdTag.js'
> dojo.js:14Uncaught Error: Could not load 'toura.components._base';
> last tried '../toura/components/_base.js'
> GEThttp://localhost:3001/ios/phone/media/load-screens/landscape.png

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 12:41:26 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
Yup, it's there.

On Feb 11, 9:22 am, Rebecca Murphey <rmurp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rebecca Murpheywww.rebeccamurphey.com| @rmurphey
>

> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Matthew Page <matthewnp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So I cleared my cache, but the Kitchensink app bombs for me too (see
> > errors below).
> > I'm going to uninstall and reinstall mulberry with the latest from
> > repo, and see if that fixes it.
>
> > failed loading javascript/dojo/../toura/components/_base.js with
> > error: Error: Could not load 'toura.components.AdTag'; last tried '../
> > toura/components/AdTag.js'
> > dojo.js:14Uncaught Error: Could not load 'toura.components._base';
> > last tried '../toura/components/_base.js'
> > GEThttp://localhost:3001/ios/phone/media/load-screens/landscape.png

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 12:44:05 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
When I run mulberry -v is outputs:

Mulberry v0.3

is that the correct version for what is in the repo?

Matt R

Feb 11, 2012, 1:23:22 PM2/11/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Could you please check and make sure you don't have a different mulberry in your path that you're using?

Please type `which mulberry` and see...

Also - make sure to click 'reset db', and hard reload your browser.

Let me know if that works, or doesn't!

Thanks,

--
Matt

Rebecca Murphey

Feb 11, 2012, 2:19:57 PM2/11/12
to toura-m...@googlegroups.com
That is the correct output for the version on master -- we don't bump the version until we do a new release. I don't think that you have multiple mulberry installs in your path.

I am stumped because I just pulled the latest master and ran `mulberry serve` from inside the mustache-cats repo, and it boots fine in Chrome and Safari :/ I even tried in a Chrome incognito window, and it boots fine there as well.

I can set up some time on Monday to screen share with you and see if we can figure out what's going on, but for now I'm stumped, since I can't repeat the problem on my end. The AdTag component is something that we just landed late last week, and if you're seeing it in the mulberry repo, then you shouldn't be seeing these errors. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that you *are* seeing these errors.

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 2:42:21 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
Hey Matt,

So I only have one version of mulberry and it is the correct one:

$ which mulberry
/Users/matt/dev/mulberry/cli/bin/mulberry

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 2:49:13 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
Here's an interesting development:

I run it in Safari and it works.

if I run it in Chrome 17.0.963.46 (restart/clear cache/swing dead
chicken) it pukes with the same error.

Clicked on Reset DB doesn't seem to fix anything.

Firefox 9.0.1 pukes with:

SQLite database interface is not defined. Cannot create database.
Aborting.
http://localhost:3001/ios/phone/javascript/dojo/dojo.js
Line 56

-Matt

Matthew Page

Feb 11, 2012, 2:58:54 PM2/11/12
to Toura Mulberry
Oh, this is embarrassing.

I was looking at Chrome's preferences and I noticed "adblock plus"
beta 1.2 was enabled.

I turned it off and now Mulberry serves my app just fine. If I turn it
back on, Mulberry pukes.

What's weird is that the previous version of Mulberry worked just
fine. I installed adblock plus ages ago.

Maybe there should be a not in the install guide?

Anyhow, sorry for the mental pain.