Unable to initialise WinSock

Paul Hooijenga

Apr 27, 2010, 4:10:58 AM4/27/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

Starting this morning, I've been unable to update my svn+ssh working
copies: on updating an error dialog saying 'PuTTY Fatal Error: Unable
to initialise [sic] WinSock' pops up.

Other types of repositories seem to work fine (although I've only
tested https). The same repository works fine on another machine
(Which I've tried just to be sure, because the error I'm getting
sounds client-side to me.)

The error occurs both with version 1.6.8 (Build 19260) and 1.6.99 (Build 19339)

Regards,
-- Paul

Stefan Küng

Apr 27, 2010, 1:30:43 PM4/27/10
On 27.04.2010 10:10, Paul Hooijenga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Starting this morning, I've been unable to update my svn+ssh working
> copies: on updating an error dialog saying 'PuTTY Fatal Error: Unable
> to initialise [sic] WinSock' pops up.
>
> Other types of repositories seem to work fine (although I've only
> tested https). The same repository works fine on another machine
> (Which I've tried just to be sure, because the error I'm getting
> sounds client-side to me.)
>
> The error occurs both with version 1.6.8 (Build 19260) and 1.6.99 (Build 19339)

Maybe these might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259
http://chaosmachineit.blogspot.com/2008/07/unable-to-initialize-windows-sockets.html

Stefan